Rca 42pa30rq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rca 42pa30rq

Pick up a RCA 42PA30RQ plasma TV. Turn on the power button, the led light turns from red to blue, nothing comes on. I measure my voltage across my Y-main.

Here's my reading on my Y-main. Getting the same on my X-main aslo, since they are both wired in series.

Va=0, should be 55
    Vsc=6, should be 193
    Vs=6, should be 207

So, do you think my Y-main is bad, or my PSU is bad since it's not outputting the correct voltage to my Y-main board? I check the PSU, seen all intact, fuse looks good also. Please advised. Thx

Re: Rca 42pa30rq

There are quite a few threads about this TV and other similar Samsung-based TVs, so you may want to search the forum to gain more insight. The PSUs in these TVs rarely fail (I never ran into one in the five I worked).

(1) Try disconnecting the X-main - check PSU voltages. If PSU voltages are normal replace the X-main.
    (2) If PSU voltages are still abnormal after step 1, disconnect Y-main from PSU. If PSU voltages are now normal, replace Y-main. I'd recommend replacing the Y-buffer as a precautionary measure, but they don't fail much. X-main may also be bad - check components on heat sinks for failures. If X-main components are bad, replace X-main.

Note: Don't attempt to replace individual components on bad boards.
    LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Ok...let me try that tomorrow and see what I get. Will report back with my results. Thanks for your help.

Comment

OK...unhook the Ymain, unchanged on the voltage, unhook the Xmain, now I get 3v on my Va, instead of the initial 0 v. So, you think my X-main is the bad board? Nothing else changes.

Comment

Been reading some of the treads on this TV. I do not get a click on my relays when I turn the tv on, and there is no led light coming on on my main board also. So, could I have a bad PSU? or bad y/x main causing the PSU to shut down?

Comment

You could try ruling out the control board or main board: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...22&postcount=2
            LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Working...
            X