Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 4530s 6050a2465501-mb-a02 - start onlz for a second

Hello.
    I have this hp 4530s intel platform with AMD GPU. it start for just a second and right turm off. i cannot find anz ahort and all powers ramping up till reset

any hint ?

Re: HP 4530s 6050a2465501-mb-a02 - start onlz for a second

come
    on guys. somebody must know where to look

Comment

Reflow AMD GPU, it's known for that board to behave like it's shorted when the gpu goes bad.
      Originally posted by PeteS in CA
      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
      A working TV? How boring!

Comment

2.1. Never reflow large BGA
        It won't fix the problem since 99% of the time it's not an contact issue between the BGA and the logic board. There's a high risk of damaging the board even further.
        If you want to confirm if an AMD/NVidia chip is bad, you can heat it up to 200°C max for a minute and a half, no flux. It'll come back to life for a short while and then die again, because it's bad. In this case it has to be replaced.
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...02&postcount=2
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

I believe he knows that already. A reflow should be done just to salvage data, else the BGA flip chip should be replaced.
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

@ktmmotocross ,

Just want to ask somethings.Have you already replaced the AMD GPU 216-0809024 ?
            Did it fix the board ?
            One more question : when the board is powered up and working , how much do you measure for VIN voltage ??

Is it dropping by 3 volts ?? So VIN is 15.8x volts ?
            Or is it just a stable 18.88 volts ?

Thank you

Comment

@Th3_uN1Qu3 read the quote again. "Never reflow large BGA"

@pecrie this GPU has a high failure rate. Doesn't mean that it's your (only) problem for sure, but in any case a UMA-only replacement board doesn't seem to be too expensive from Aliexpress.
              There doesn't seem to be any good replacement GPU available.

Comment

Given that I have earned my paycheck for over 10 years with mostly BGA rework, I disagree with the above statement. Also if we're going there - why buy an UMA board when you can convert the existing board to UMA?

Comment

Well yes I'm fed up with people and their reflowing/reballing scam and I won't be kind with my words on that topic anymore. Replacing GPU with a good new one when it makes sense and they are available yes, reflowing/reballing not in hell.
                  And if you're not mad at people with the reflowing bullshit you probably haven't had enough boards on your desk destroyed or seen enough people killing their boards on the Internet because they took the bait of "reflow gpu bro".

About buying a replacement board, I'm just offering a solution that can make sense in some situations.

Comment

@piernov ,

Thank you

Comment

As allways guys u have right. I just little heated up GPU and it fires up.

Comment

owner tells me that he have optionally in bios disabled DIS GPU, because of bad GPU. i try to just remove B+ pad for GPU rail and even after bios reset it work on iGPU only.

Comment

Working...
                        X