MSI Wind Netbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSI Wind Netbook

i owuld say here pc is still regarded as better choice for gaming...
    easier to find (pirated) titles, more choice, more people use pc for gaming etc.

perhaps you're just 5 years ahead...

Comment

i4004,
      Sorry, I don't agree.
      -
      A very few LOUD young people are gamers by PC.
      The vast majority of young people that game don't game on a PC, they use a game system.
      -
      The % of PC gamers that are young people is high.
      But the % of young gamers that use a PC as their primary game device is not.
      -
      Going by what you see in PC gamer related forums and such on-line is misleading because while a large share of the population of those sites is young gamers those young gamers represent a small % of the young population overall.
      -
      Most young people that use a PC regularly use it as a social outlet and not as a gaming device. [Myspace, Facebook, etc...]

I'm basing this on observing young family members and their friends.
      - Not on who shows up on-line in PC forums.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

>I'm basing this on observing young family members and their friends.

me too, also i include anybody whose house i've been into, and i've been

...but in my country.

like i said situation may change if/when consoles and their games go down in price...
        as things stand now, parents buy their kids pc for school and kids mostly use it for play...here...
        some kids have consoles, but usually older generations, and pc easilly beats that...for example, price of ps3 is rather ridiculous here...
        and i dunno if xbox has any marketshare whatosoever...

this is not usa or japan....

Comment

That's how it was here 10 years ago. Even then, most kids had consoles and a PC. The games of the era were so much better on the PC though. They still are, but the gap has narrowed.

I'd venture to say that greater than 90% of households with kids have some sort of game console that is used regularly by kids. Far fewer have computers with games that the kids regularly play. Mainly it's because the parents want to use the computer for work and won't let the kids on it to screw it up. Thus, game console. When you weigh that vs. the cost to have the computer guy come over and fix it after the kids f*** it up, the choice becomes obvious.
          A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Comment

I'd venture to say the consoles are easier to fuck up then a pc. Especially the 360. I think gaming moved more to consoles because you don't have to upgrade them as much or deal with as many crashes.

I have an X850 pro. This card came out around 360 time. Right now I need a new video card if I want to play new games. My 360 would still play the latest and greatest unless it red ringed. They cost about the same.

Comment

>Mainly it's because the parents want to use the computer for work and won't let the kids on it to screw it up.

here the pcs overall are thing of younger generation...
              elders don't really care about pcs and are not willing to learn...
              and they have no good reason to do it...

and i don't mean like 70 or 80 years old, but more like more than 40 or so...
              those who never got anything to do with pcs jus don't care...they have other ways to entertain themselves or whatver...

Comment

did anyone see a "compaq mini" netbook yet?
                capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

It has a compaq logo instead of an HP logo.

Comment

yes they are apparently using compaq on their lowest grade consumer products. which is sad because compaq meant more to me than hp. all the cool server stuff was compaq.

anyway the keyboard is supposed to be good. the downsides i see are that the screen is glossy (but that is to be expected these days). the battery is 3 cell rather than 4 on others and provides only about 2.5hours.

the benefit is that support actually exist here. in fact the chain offering this is now hp certified service center.
                    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Working...
                    X