Is this solder or glue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this solder or glue?

I am replacing the digitizer on a friends HTC One X. I moved a flexible circuit board and a copper square fell off. I was going to just re-wet the square but I stopped because the solder looked more like an adhesive. I am hoping that someone here can tell me if this is an adhesive (and what kind) or if I am crazy and I just need to wet it again. I took a close up pic with the pad resting on a screwdriver next to the spot it fell off of. Thank you for your help!
    Attached Files

Re: Is this solder or glue?

hard to tell from that pic....but it *looks* like solder.... On flex boards, its usually glue though.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

That's glue. It was holding the pad that you lifted in place. Is the track still connected to the pad? If so, just glue it back in place... Most people recommend cyanoacrylate, I personally don't like it since it leaves residue all over the place when it evaporates. Maybe a very thin layer of some sort of tack glue.
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Thanks guys for the quick help! I got some conductive glue and it's drying now.

Comment

Working...
        X