Newfound hatred for windows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newfound hatred for windows 8

So today I'm thinking of installing windows 8 on my sister's pc as a prank, since she's an ungrateful little bitch. Plus her computer is slow as balls, and it shouldn't be, so I can only imagine how much crapware, and viruses are on it, time to nuke it and reload.

Comment

^
      Not sure if win8 or vista would be more evil..... if the computer is slow to begin with, vista will sure make you feel it....but windows8 as a prank, you must really hate her!! HAHA
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        ^
        Not sure if win8 or vista would be more evil..... if the computer is slow to begin with, vista will sure make you feel it....but windows8 as a prank, you must really hate her!! HAHA
        It shouldn't be slow, It's a quad core phenom with 8gigs and 9800GTX 500gig seagate 7200 rpm drive, but then again it's a two year old windows 7 installation with loads of crap because she plays those stupid simple downloadable games off the internet, the ones that come with a lot of crapware, and bullshit, I don't even trust the PC with anything. It needs a good format and reinstall.

Figured hey, she doesn't respect my mother or father, why not just piss her off with a piece of shit operating system. Actually she might like it. Maybe I should just install arch or slackware, just a minimal install with no Desktop Environment.

Comment

From Jan 2012 To Oct 26, 2012, I was a moderator on a Windows 8 forum.
          What I learned is that most people were (are) too stupid to run a BETA test version of anything. They wouldn't follow the posted instructions on how and where to load W8 and then when they loaded it over the top of their Licensed OS and wiped it out, they would be on the forum crying and asking how to get their OS and all their years of data back again.

The biggest mistake MS made with W8 was ever releasing the BETA versions to the General Public. (those unwashed masses)

It became quickly apparent that W8 was either loved or hated, depending on who you talk to. The lack of a start button and start menu was a total deal breaker for many people.

Aftermarket programmers (hackers) came to the rescue, with the "Classic Shell".
          The latest version, can be set to jump right to a familiar Desktop, when the system is booting up. You see the "Metro" screen for no more than five seconds, before the jump to a standard desktop which can be set up to look just like XP, W7 or whatever you like.
          The Start button and start menu are back and Windows Explorer looks very familiar.

When the beta test ended on Oct 26, I removed the test versions from all my PC's and reverted everything back to either XP or Win-7. Now Win-8 is just a not-so-fond memory.

Happy New Year Mates!
          The Doctor
          Experience is truly the best teacher.
          Backup! Backup! Backup! Ghost Rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePCDoctor View Post
            ... the "Classic Shell" ... The latest version, can be set to jump right to a familiar Desktop, when the system is booting up. You see the "Metro" screen for no more than five seconds ...
            Five thou miliseconds? That's waaaay too much of that crap .

Comment

Meh. I still don't see the need to move away from XP yet. So, I will just continue to be ignorant. I haven't even played with Vista or 7 on any of my computers yet. There's just so much XP can still do. I'm learning how to do new stuff on it almost every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePCDoctor View Post
                They wouldn't follow the posted instructions on how and where to load W8 and then when they loaded it over the top of their Licensed OS and wiped it out, they would be on the forum crying and asking how to get their OS and all their years of data back again.

The biggest mistake MS made with W8 was ever releasing the BETA versions to the General Public. (those unwashed masses)
                Well that's no different to any other previous Microsoft OS.
                Don't get me wrong I really dislike Metro, but I feel that Windows 8 gets allot of bad press for just uninformed reasons (I'm not taking a jab at you here)
                Just like Vista was so terrible for allot of misc reasons, many which where just gibberish to begin with. (Again, I'm not trying to defend Vista either, I'm still running XP x64 here lol and would be on Win2K if I could )
                "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Well it looked like an insurmountable challenge, but The Tiles Wonder is achieving it:

Comment

Working...
                  X