Need Source for Panasonic and Rubycon Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Source for Panasonic and Rubycon Caps

I have used Wai Fong for a Rubycon order with complete success. However, their stock is very limited.

I'm having an awful time finding Panasonic FK, and other lines that handle the more obscure sizes. For example, I need 2200/10v in 10mm diameter for Sparkle PSUs. This cap is commonly found in 12.5mm, and it won't fit. Also need 3300uf/10v in 10mm diameter.

I've looked at Mouser, DigiKey, and Wai Fong. Don't know where else to look. Overseas is fine, as long as reputable.

Re: Need Source for Panasonic and Rubycon Caps

Have you tried Badcaps.net ?

BTW, get A LOT of 2200uf 10mm 16v if you plan on recapping psus.

LOL me and Pete post at the same time.
    Last edited by Spacedye69; 02-08-2007, 04:49 PM.

Comment

AFAIK, you won't find the FK series in the states. I'd look at Panasonic's FM series, Nichicon's HE series or UCC's KY and KZE series. Topcat (BadCaps forum owner) has some Rubycon.
      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

2200@6.3 is fine in place of 2200@10
        those are on the +3.3 and +5

Comment

FK is IMHO not something low esr or have i got the datasheet wrong?

Comment

FK is low-ESR non-aqueous, but not ultra-low ESR. Its successor series are FM (Japanese, Malaysian), FJ (Malaysian only) and FL (Malaysian only). You should probably stick to FM, even though it's aqueous - it's generally available worldwide.

Comment

I'm stuck: I require 2200uF at 16v, and mandatory 10mm diameter.

I've been collecting a huge spread sheet of caps, and the Panasonic FK is the best fit. Nichicon VY,VK are the right size, but have substantially smaller ripple values.

As noted above, a herd of these will be mandatory for PSU recapping, so I'm looking for a vendor for making a bulk purchase. I also have a resale license, if required by the vendor.

Comment

if you have all that, why not just call digikey? They'll sell you whatever you need.
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                http://folding.stanford.edu/
                Team : 49813
                Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

DigiKey does not stock the FK series, or anything else in 2200/16v/10mm that I need. That is why I'm stuck.

At this time, I only need a few to do a few PSU recap jobs. I figure I will be doing a lot more of them in the future.

Comment

I have some 2200uF 16v 10mm Rubycon ZL and PX series. that's the closest I have. Sorry.
                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                    Team Stats

Comment

ZL is a pretty good series. How does it compare to FK - e.g. impedance and rated life? Rubycon markets the series as suitable for P/Ss.
                      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Topcat,

I need a few right now at retail for immediate PSU recapping. Please contact me, or tell me how to contact you to arrange purchase.

I still want to find a bulk purchase source for FK and other Rubycon that Wai Fong does not carry.

Comment

How are the PX series for smps, even though they are not low esr? What about Samxon?

Comment

1800uF/16v/10mm is available in FJ, and I guess that 2200/16/10mm should also be available. 1500uF/16v/10mm is available in NCC LXZ, which is pretty much bulletproof.
                            Last edited by linuxguru; 02-11-2007, 01:29 AM. Reason: Addendum

Comment

Yes, I do have some Samxon 2200uF 16v 10mm. I didn't mention it because he was looking for pannies or rubies.

bgavin, shoot me a PM with how many you need to tide you over, I'll take care of ya.

Originally posted by Spacedye69
                              How are the PX series for smps, even though they are not low esr? What about Samxon?
                              I have used the PX's in a lot of PSU's, never had any issues, undervolt, or excessive ripple. I don't have many ZL's left, but the PX's are plentiful.
                              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                              Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by linuxguru
                                1800uF/16v/10mm is available in FJ, and I guess that 2200/16/10mm should also be available. 1500uF/16v/10mm is available in NCC LXZ, which is pretty much bulletproof.
                                I would like to find a bulk source for the FJ series 1800uF/16v/10mm.
                                DigiKey doesn't stock FK or FJ at all, and neither does Wai Fong.

Topcat, thanks for the offer. I will PM shortly.
                                I'm OK with Samxon, but their data sheets (GA,GC,GD,GK) don't show any 2200/16/10mm.

I've been reading all the old posts here, and it seems that 1800uf is an acceptable substitute for the 1650uf Fuhkyyu I'm finding in Antec and other PSUs..
                                Last edited by bgavin; 02-11-2007, 09:49 AM.

Comment

I ran out of editing time, hence 2nd message.

Linuxguru, NCC makes 1800/16/10mm in KZG and KZJ, but I can't find a source for them either.

DigiKey doesn't stock FK, FJ, KZG, KZJ at all, and neither does Wai Fong.

Comment

Originally posted by bgavin
                                    Topcat, thanks for the offer. I will PM shortly.
                                    I'm OK with Samxon, but their data sheets (GA,GC,GD,GK) don't show any 2200/16/10mm.
                                    My Samxon 2200uF 16v 10mm caps are GD series.
                                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                    Team Stats

Comment

Spec-wise, the 2200uF/10v GD is an exact replacement for the failing Teapo SZ caps or a Rubycon MBZ.

As a newbie, I read the group charts and notice High Ripple/Low ESR to be on the opposite side of the spectrum from Long Life/Low Leakage.

This leads me to think that MCZ and GA ultra low ESR might not be the best choices for power supplies.

Where is the Long Life type cap more appropriate?

Comment

That is the same thing i am a little clueles abouth the Samxon series. Except from the RS series, it seems that they all are waterbased, or do i miss something there?

Shure i used some MCZ in PSU`s too, but only as i haven`t had an alternative to them, at that time.

Any way, may be any high quality cap will probably last long enough in a PSU, regardles of water or not.

Comment

Working...
                                        X