Lg W2234s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg W2234s

Has anyone worked on one of these? All caps test good in/out of cct. PSU is working normally. All it does is flash the blue power LED. No specific pattern. I am thinking the upro is bad on the video board. (Runs warmer than normal, but not smoking hot). There is no splash screen, or OSD whatsoever. There is no difference if the VGA cable is connected or not.The inverter is functional when 5 Volts is applied to the "turn on" line. Help? Anyone?

Re: Lg W2234s

Has anyone repaired one of these The PSU has been tested and working normally. All it does is flash the blue power LED. There is no display on screen it is the same if the VGA cable is connected or not. The service manual can be found here http://linfotech.co.uk/schematics/LG/LG_list.asp

Comment

Originally posted by terry View Post
      Has anyone repaired one of these The PSU has been tested and working normally. All it does is flash the blue power LED. There is no display on screen it is the same if the VGA cable is connected or not. The service manual can be found here http://linfotech.co.uk/schematics/LG/LG_list.asp
      1. A flashing power LED can also be caused by a corrupted EEPROM on the signal card. Some monitors can be reset by holding down a combination of switches when turning on the monitor.

2. A common symptom of a shorted inverter driver transistor is a flashing power LED.

3. In some cases bad capacitors will cause a flashing power LED.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I know the fault is on the signal card. I have tryed the PSU / Inverter in a working monitor.

Comment

I recently had to buy a replacement on Ebay....@£34...

Comment

Has any one tryed a replacement: LG W2234S 8 pin IC chip board SMD 25L1005AMC 1M memory. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
              1. A flashing power LED can also be caused by a corrupted EEPROM on the signal card. Some monitors can be reset by holding down a combination of switches when turning on the monitor.

2. A common symptom of a shorted inverter driver transistor is a flashing power LED.

3. In some cases bad capacitors will cause a flashing power LED.

PlainBill
              To add one more cause to the list causing a blinking PLED,
              One of the traces on the flat ribbon cable going to the LCD panel had come loose from the ribbon, although I did not test to know exactly what was happening, I suspect it was 5V line finding a ground.
              Anyway if the blinking PLED stops when the cable to the panel is disconnected from the logic board, and you gain control of the front PLED it gives an area to look at
              Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Working...
              X