Viewsonic vx2255wmb inverter help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Viewsonic vx2255wmb inverter help

ah that would explain it. .5 or 1 amp is not nearly enough. Anything I should be aware of when ordering fuses? I looked on digikey and there are lots of options.

Comment

If it's a 3A fuse, then a fast acting 3A fuse rated at 32V should work. Try the one below:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...ame=F1458CT-ND

Just verify that the physical size is correct.

Comment

Thanks!

I'll put the order in tomorrow. Just wondering... why do I need a 32v as opposed to the 24v indicated on the board?

Thanks again to all who had input on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Snype32 View Post
          Thanks!

I'll put the order in tomorrow. Just wondering... why do I need a 32v as opposed to the 24v indicated on the board?

Thanks again to all who had input on this.
          I missed the 24V indicated on the board. However, you can go higher in voltage without problem. So, a fuse rated at 24V or greater will work.

I would also consider replacing the other 3 small caps that have not been replaced. You can leave the large 450V cap alone.

Comment

Here is another option on the fuse it looks like it's 2MM longer, these are the type of fuses I see on alot of delta boards,it's made by Bourns you might want to compare measurments.
            http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...206F300-2TR-ND
            Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Good afternoon. I have a problem do the same monitor. When I turn on the monitor I see the image for 1-2 seconds, then the screen goes black. Then the power led turns orange.

Сapacitors has not changed. How do I check the fuses F200? My multimeter shows no open-circuit on it.
              I checked resistance that indicated in the post #6. It the same.

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
              With everything plugged in,including a PC input,check the Voltage on the On/Off pin,on the right hand side of the board.should be between 3 and 5 volts DC as long as the Logic board has a signal from the PC and has recognised it.
              I do not understand how to do it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sorokinmv View Post
                Good afternoon. I have a problem do the same monitor. When I turn on the monitor I see the image for 1-2 seconds, then the screen goes black. Then the power led turns orange.

Сapacitors has not changed. How do I check the fuses F200? My multimeter shows no open-circuit on it.
                I checked resistance that indicated in the post #6. It the same.

I do not understand how to do it.
                The pictures you provided are sharp and well lit, thank you. There IS one problem - like most humans, I am bilaterally symmetrical. And if I am comparing top and bottom views of a board, it is much easier for me to compare right-left than top-bottom. This is simply an observation, it is not necessary to provide new pictures.

What you seem to have is 'Two seconds to black'. There is no need to check fuses; the inverter is working. Here is a simple test - hook the monitor to a working computer. Turn the monitor on. Does the display go black after a few seconds, and the power led stay green (or blue)? I've marked up the photo of the bottom of the power supply board. Note I've labeled two pins as On/Off and Bri. Check the voltage on those two pins when the screen is on, and again when it goes black. One pin should read about 3.3 volts, the other 1-2 volts. If the voltages don't change when the screen goes black, you definitely have 'two seconds to black'.

Possible causes are bad capacitors, broken or aging CCFLs, problems with the wiring to the CCFLs, or a bad inverter transformer.

PlainBill
                Attached Files
                For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Just wanted to thank everybody for their input. I got the new caps and fuse installed. The monitor now works perfectly.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

I recently had the OSD that appeared randomly. I opened the display to see if a button was mechanically pressed. I saw nothing, closed everything, and had the 'Two seconds to black' symptom (dammit !). So I read this topic, changed the caps, checked the inverter impedance.... and it still not worked. I ashamed to admit what happened : on the first opening, I disconnected a little extension cable to the light tubes (it appeared connected but was slightly out). Just in case someone has the same issue...

By the way, I still have the OSD that appears randomly. I can't close it and no buttons work. Does anyone have any clue ?

Regards

renArD

Comment

Originally posted by renard-ad View Post
                      By the way, I still have the OSD that appears randomly. I can't close it and no buttons work. Does anyone have any clue ?
                      Is this for the same monitor as the one in this thread? If yes, post pictures of your power supply and logic boards. The problem could be badcaps (even if none look visibly bad). If this is for a different monitor and/or different model, then start a new thread in the monitor forum here:
                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Comment

Working...
                      X