LG47LN578 Backlight high intensity opening logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG47LN578 Backlight high intensity opening logo

After repairing a number of this model with LEDs failed in back light array. It is noticeable how bright the LEDs are for a few seconds (opening LG logo screen) when first switched on before gradually dimming down to back light setting in menu. It is widely acknowledged that by decreasing the backlight setting to as low as possible decreases the likelihood of LED failure. The problem is that this self advertising opening logo feature cant be turned down and operates the LEDs at maximum intensity for a few second burst every time the TV is switched on regardless of backlight setting. Have tried to gain access to service menu to see if option available to cancel opening logo screen but the usual simultaneous pressing of OK on TV and remote doesn't work. Any body confirm that the service remote LG 105201M is needed and also if there is an option to disable opening logo feature in the service mode of LN series.

Re: LG47LN578 Backlight high intensity opening logo

In my experience most led TVs start at full brightness then dim to the user settings.
    It's usually prolonged heat that kills the leds so a quick burst at full brightness for a second or two shouldn't really matter.

Comment

Originally posted by hamie View Post
      in my experience most led tvs start at full brightness then dim to the user settings.
      It's usually prolonged heat that kills the leds so a quick burst at full brightness for a second or two shouldn't really matter.
      +1
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Thanks for your comments but do you know if there is an option in the service menu to disable LG opening logo? Also is the LG 105201M remote needed to gain access to the service menu as pressing OK on both TV and remote simultaneously dont work.

Comment

It should be fine, also I dont think there is tbh sorry.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Originally posted by satinser View Post
            Thanks for your comments but do you know if there is an option in the service menu to disable LG opening logo? Also is the LG 105201M remote needed to gain access to the service menu as pressing OK on both TV and remote simultaneously dont work.
            which service menu you where in, IN_START or AZ_ADJ ? logo start can be disabled.

Comment

Actually Diah is correct ! You can trun the Logo off but it still does start with full brightness on the Leds but dims after a few seconds still.

Comment

ReeceyBurger123 correct too... but Logo post are posted from the Main Board as we do know, and the service menu are saved at it too, when logo post disabled that correct will not effect on the first step of lighting the backlight LEDs, but at same option of service menu AZ_ADJ there were default ECO Backlight setting at 80%, this setting can be reduce to 40%, the start up post will be at this level. its Dig currents settings. then leave the LOGO on and reduce the ECO

Comment

Thanks for the info Diah

Comment

option of service menu AZ_ADJ there were default ECO Backlight setting at 80%, this setting can be reduce to 40%, the start up post will be at this level. its Dig currents settings. then leave the LOGO on and reduce the ECO
                    Many thanks again for both your comments. I think it makes sense if your going to reduce the general backlight setting to minimise future problems to also reduce the opening screen intensity. From your comments Diah its good news that thats possible. Be grateful if you could advise whether the LG service remote is needed in order to make these adjustments in the service menu. I have been unable to access the service menu in this LN series by the the usual pressing OK button on both remote and Manual controls together. Look forward to your reply.
                    Last edited by satinser; 05-11-2016, 06:48 PM.

Comment

the best way to inter LG service menu with Android apk which it can be used at any android mobile had IR sender such as Galaxy S5 after install choice LG and there you will find IN_START / EZ_ADJ- and IN_STOP so you need to put the pass code of LG service menu which are 0413 or 0000 ... or to do it ur self, use wave file on PC and play them with WINAMP program, the out put of the PC headphone connected to any Double IR RC,

take look here and download them from my post https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...8&postcount=19
                      Last edited by Diah; 05-12-2016, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Many thanks for the information and Link and taking the time to explain.

Comment

Working...
                        X