Gateway FPD1976w 2 second blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateway FPD1976w 2 second blackout

After following the great post ( A guide on how to troubleshoot 2 seconds to black) my monitor still will not stay lit.

I have replaced the caps with (Gateway FPG1975W repair kit ILPI-021kit) from ccl-la.com with no positive results.

I tested the high voltage transformers and found them @ 639 and 640 OHMS, within the 3% tolerance.

I used a known good CCFL to substitute one at a time with no change. The monitor will not stay lit. I however can see the text on the screen using a flashlight after blackout.

What does this power transistor do? can it cause this
    Attached Files

Re: Gateway FPD1976w 2 second blackout

Hello Samcan,

Welcome to this great forum. You can't just substitute one (set) of ccfls (bulbs). You have to replace both (sets) on that board. In fact on almost all inverter boards it will be that way. Try that first before you attempt to replace that mosfet you circled in your picture.

Good Luck With Your Repair,
    lcdman

Comment

That mosfet is in the Power supply of the circuit,and is obviously good,as you can see a dark image.

Comment

Originally posted by lcdman View Post
        Hello Samcan,

Welcome to this great forum. You can't just substitute one (set) of ccfls (bulbs). You have to replace both (sets) on that board. In fact on almost all inverter boards it will be that way. Try that first before you attempt to replace that mosfet you circled in your picture.

Good Luck With Your Repair,
        lcdman
        As you suggested, I have substituted both cclfs with no change in status.
        The board lights up the ccfls for about 2 seconds and blinks off with a blue "start" light then tries again for 1-2 seconds and shuts down with an amber "start" light.
        Does anyone have a schematic for this board? Where can I get one?

Comment

U501 and U502,are the mosfet drivers for the Inverters.You can find the datasheet for AP9971GD, and then do resistance comparison checks on them.and advise your results as follows :-measure 1-2,1-3,1-4,1-5,1-6,1-7 and 1-8..then 2-3,2-4,2-5 etc. to 2-8.then 3-4.3-5 etc to 3-8 right through similarly on the other pins to 7-8

Comment

Thanx for the info. I have removed both MOSFETs and per the spec sheet diagram the following is what I have found:

Parts on order!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Keep the Forum informed please ....good luck

Comment

Originally posted by samcan View Post
                Thanx for the info. I have removed both MOSFETs and per the spec sheet diagram the following is what I have found:

Parts on order!!
                Can not find these MOSFETs. Bought some out of China and found that they were bogus knock offs

Still have a bad monitor. Started by changing the caps, replaced the high voltage transformers and replaced the CCFLs. these MOSFETs are the last thing I can deal with if I can get them.

Comment

Perhaps one of the members have sourced these in the US, and hopefully will advise.They are on Sale on UK/Ebay from a well known UK supplier,although at a stupidly high price.

Comment

Working...
                  X