Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DV6000 Intel

Hi there,
    I was trying to start my friends DV6000 by shorting the terminals where the flat ribbon connectors locate to the power button and the cap circled in red next to the power in plug blew.
    My knowledge of schematics is not so good and I was hoping some could identify this caps value so I can try replacing it.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: DV6000 Intel

these laptop starts with shorting two triangles between conectors with these ribbons

firs cap have under it label/looks like PC146 dont see first digit because of red line/

second is in D. so look for D label on board where is labeled its label

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
      these laptop starts with shorting two triangles between conectors with these ribbons

firs cap have under it label/looks like PC146 dont see first digit because of red line/

second is in D. so look for D label on board where is labeled its label
      Yes I see the solder triangles but was trying to short the ribbon connectors.

The Cap is the one next to PC146 but I do not see it in the schematic to obtain a resistance value

Comment

the cap net to it is diode PD18

Comment

Yes but PC146 = 10U/25V_12 on the VIN line, this does not seem to be the correct value of the cap that blew
          Last edited by rigeback; 05-19-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

why?

Comment

10uf is correct?

Comment

if its vin it doesnot matter. it even must not be there

Comment

My board looks this after the cap blew. might not be the VIN line
                  Attached Files

Comment

yep. it is vin shorted to ground

Comment

I'll try and solder a new cap but running out of space unless I remove the complete plastic plug. The board with jack might also have a problem since the blue led is not coming on.

Comment

Do remove the power board [dc jack] from the main board and try it again with the power adapter to check is blue led lights up.
                        Maybe your mainboard is still shorted and also shorts the dc in.
                        The PC146 is not very nessesary to be placed again by you sure need to clean the burn and check that not longer shorts there.

Comment

Back again! I would like to continue this thread as I have replaced the cap at the power connector and the board is powering up but not starting, when shorting the arrows the boards lights and fan come on briefly.
                          I've disconnected Coil PL23 to check the transistor PQ33 which seems OK but not confirmed,, any hints?

Comment

u must check all big coils for voltage, and if not find, than check for short on it.
                            off course u finding voltage after pressing power button

u have short in some power switched rail, or bad PWRGOOD logic
                            Last edited by ktmmotocross; 08-08-2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

no power going to the coils, will try to test them off the board

Comment

OK I made starting short and I'm getting some power to L22 and L23. On L22 very low around 0.20V on one leg and nothing on the other, bad coil?
                                L23 gets 5.00V + on 1 leg, the other .99V. Is this 2 bad coils or in the main PWRGOOD line??

Comment

took both off the board and they test good

Comment

resistance to ground ?

make this on ALL big coils/GREY CUBE/, and check for voltage when starting

Comment

as u starting u must have 3,3V line good

Comment

PL22 gives 51 Ohms PL23 4.2 Ohms resistance.
                                        there is 3.3V and 4.8V available. the battery charging system is working.
                                        It seems PQ33 might be faulty during starting, most times the voltage is very low and occasionally 2.3V will be enough to spin the fan. 17.80V on feed side
                                        Last edited by rigeback; 08-10-2017, 02:39 PM. Reason: adding

Comment

Working...
                                        X