Purple/Pink Lines / Postering on plasma LG 60PZ550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Purple/Pink Lines / Postering on plasma LG 60PZ550

Don't think i was to clear on my last question-sorry Is it possible that another board may have caused the problem with the blown fuse on the z sus board- thank you

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      This is your Z-sustain board:
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...6&d=1401401845

This is your Y-sustain board:
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...2&d=1401401774
      (the green boards attached are the buffer boards)

Near the middle top of the Z-sustain you can see a few coil packs (technically called inductors) and that the board has discoloured significantly underneath them due to the heat produced. You can also see the same coil packs between the black and silver heatsinks on the Y-sustain board.

You will need to remove both boards from the set and reflow the solder around both of these coil banks.

Use leaded solder, for improved reliability.
      Just wanted to confirm that this worked for me as well on a LG 60PV400. After I reflowed the inductors as described above, the TV now works like new again! Thanks a million for the spot on advice!

Comment

Bringing back an old thread.

I have the same issue with my LG.

Should I just heat the solder joints to reflow, or add flux and new solder? I have a hobby type soldering iron with leaded Kester solder. Would that be OK for a simple job like that?

Comment

Just adding fresh solder to ensure the joints are good should be sufficient.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Great, thanks for the quick reply Tom.

Comment

I removed the 2 boards, inductors solder looks good to me... Anything else I can check? I have the exact same problem as the OP, I dont think I should start a new thread.

Last picture, I circled in red one solder that looks different from the other.

Last edited by MescaBug; 07-13-2015, 06:39 PM.

Comment

My 60PZ550 backed out in less that 4 years. I have 50 years experience in Consumer Products and TV'S generally last 8-12 years NOT less than 4!! Cost to repair not suitable. LG NO help in spite of this being a prolific problem for this series.

Comment

I can confirm this worked for my LG 60PZ950. Purchased in 2011 and had a four year warranty and wouldn't you know it, the issue pops up exactly one month AFTER the warranty expired!
                  Our TV gets heavy usage as it is the only TV in the house and has PC/PS4/Cable hooked up to it and there are 4 people in the house and is on for a majority of the day. I'm just surprised with such heavy usage this issue didn't happen within the first two years.
                  Well, it is working now. I only had to solder half the points on the Z-sustain board. So, I'm now just waiting for the inevitable failure of the other points, the other board or my soldering hack job (never been very good at soldering tbh). Hopefully it'll last until we decide to get a newer UHD/HDR set.

Thanks Badcaps!

Comment

On Christmas Eve I was watching my LG 60PZ550. It was working fine, I never had any indication before this that anything was wrong.

I came back two hours later and turned it on and this is what it is now showing—sometimes it's green if I turn it off and on.

No menus, can't change input, but I can hear sound.

Does this look like the inducers would cause this as well? If not any ideas what it would be?

Thank you in advance.

(BTW there are two reflections on the picture that are not part of the problem. The image on screen is a perfect wallpaper look.)
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'm sorry I meant to say sometimes it's pink. But it alwyas has the same pattern in it. It is never a solid color.

Comment

Take the back off, you know how to run the test patterns ?
                        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Are the test patterns built into the set?

If they are, I'll take it off and get back to you.

And just so you know my proficiency with electronics, I don't have any specialized TV equipment, but I do build all my own computers, and have spent a lot of time replacing Samsung capacitors on monitors boards. If that helps.

Comment

I don't have a service manual for this either.

Comment

You will need to take the back off, remove the Lvds cable from the Contrl board and jumper the two open pins. Turning the Tv on test patterns will run, upload some images.
                              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Okay, will get back to you.

Comment

Okay first I get a pure full screen Red, Green, Blue, white then a bar moving right to left and bottom to top shoing gradients. Then finally a white bar moving across black bothe vertical and horizontal.

All the colors are brilliant and pure. The gradients look pure, too.

Sorry about the reflections.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

BTW, those interfernce patterns are in the picture. The gradients are pure on screen.

Comment

Ok that means your mainboard is at fault. Probably failed Bga solder and it will need to be reflowed, easier to just replace it.

Comment

So the mainboard is the same board that I jumpered on?

BTW, thank you for all of your help, ReeceyBurger123. It's been tremendous.

Guess my search will start in US. And can I use the same board that's on the 60PZ550-UA?
                                        Last edited by Umbrella Corp; 12-26-2015, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Its ok mate, also the mainboard is the one with all the Hdmi and other ports on it not the one you jumped.

Comment

Working...
                                          X