Purple/Pink Lines / Postering on plasma LG 60PZ550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Purple/Pink Lines / Postering on plasma LG 60PZ550

Ok so for the fuse check, I would say go ahead and purchase preferably a digital multimeter if you don't already have one, and you will want to place it in ohms and or beep mode. Ohms is this symbol, Ω
    Now place one lead either the black or red, doesn't matter on one side of the fuse, and the other one on the other side of the fuse. You should read 0.0 ohms or if in beep mode you should be getting a beep. If you do not get any reading and or no beeping, then you have a blown fuse and thus much more damage on the back end of the board.
    Now in order to make sure you are indeed doing this right, your Y-sustain which is the board on the other side of the tv, will also have a very similar looking fuse that should not be blown. You can double check on that fuse to ensure you are taking the measurement properly.
    Good luck

Comment

Hi guys

I have an LG 50PB2DR plasma

Similar problem, with a single vertical pink line top to bottom of screen, just off centre

Is resoldering around the coil packs the same fix

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Sgcprecept View Post
        Hi guys

I have an LG 50PB2DR plasma

Similar problem, with a single vertical pink line top to bottom of screen, just off centre

Is resoldering around the coil packs the same fix

Regards
        That would be a bad plasma panel in your case, sorry
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks for your help Tom66

Off to buy a new Television

Regards

Comment

Hi guys, I have this TV on the workbench, mostly repair laptop motherboards, but my friend ask me if I can have a look, why not. I found cold solder joints on inductors, Zsus and Ysus board too. Next I found main fuse on Ysus was blown, and couple of IGBTs too. So I replaced it. Next step was Zsus, again cold solder joints on inductors and broken IGBTs. Fuse was OK. After I installed both boards back to TV, I got serious sparkling in VZB area and IGBTs on Zsus got broken again.

My question is, what else do I need to check? Why Ysus fuse got broken? (there was very little cracks on inductors solder joints, much less than Z-sus)

Thank you for your help

Comment

If you forgot to screw in all 10 screws, or just did half of them, this will happen. You have to make sure all 10 are back in, or you will blow the board every time.
              I suggest you check the resistors next to the transistors you replaced. You will probably see a few 27 ohm surface mounts on the back side that are very dark/heat stressed. Those will need to be replaced possibly. Either that, or you got all the transistors except for 1. I usually suggest replacing all 6 FGPF4633 that usually go out even if some measure okay in circuit. Sometimes they fail but still show a high ohm rating and since all are in parallel, you won't know if it is bad until you remove it from circuit.

Comment

Do you mean screews,that are holding board on place? I used just one to keep board on place :-( Is that mistake? The same with YSUS board, but there are all replaced IGBTs just OK. I checked resistors next to IGBTs on ZSUS, two of them was open. (can they cause burning IGBTs too?) Thanks for help

EDIT: Do I need to replace ICs too? How to check them?
                Last edited by hopkok; 09-27-2017, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hopkok View Post
                  Do you mean screews,that are holding board on place? I used just one to keep board on place :-( Is that mistake? The same with YSUS board, but there are all replaced IGBTs just OK. I checked resistors next to IGBTs on ZSUS, two of them was open. (can they cause burning IGBTs too?) Thanks for help
                  You need all the screws in both Z-sustain and Y-sustain. The screws form part of the grounding system of the board. Without them, damage may occur.

Chalk it down to a lesson learned - hopefully your Y-sustain is okay.

You can consider using a series light bulb to test the Z and Y before powering them up fully, a 100W 240V bulb in series with Vs, for instance, will work quite well.
                  Last edited by tom66; 09-27-2017, 07:03 AM.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Tom66 is correct, those are grounding screws, you need all 10 in there. If the resistors are open, that is bad, there are 6 sets of two 27 ohm resistors in parallel, so in circuit they will show 13.5 ohms. That is the reading you will want before plugging the board back in.

Comment

I repaired it again, replaced open resistors, mounted with all screews, but burnt again...do you know where to get new Y-sus and Z-sus?

Comment

just repaired my LG 60PZ250 Z-SUS Board with two cold solder joints.

quick fix - picture now clear without colour/OSD fading

see pictures attached
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X