Mitsubishi WD60735 cant find caps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitsubishi WD60735 cant find caps!

Concerning the blinking green light ONLY problem, when I search google, "WD60735 has blinking green light", EVERY bad cap result/post for this Mitsubishi say "Change the "7" bad 1000uf caps (to 680uf) on the power board!"

There are no 1000uf caps (never the less "7" of them) on the PWR board! I see two 2200uf caps!

If I have committed a major faux pas, could an admin move this to a "new thread" post?

Re: Mitsubishi WD60735 cant find caps!

Need pics and board numbers. The same TV on the outside can be 3 or 4 different ones on the inside.

For instance my Vizio 50" plasma has LG panel and boards inside.

Comment

I forgot to attach pics!

The board number is on the white strip in second picture at the right side edge in the middle?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by pclaptop; 12-19-2014, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicSmoke View Post
        Need pics and board numbers. The same TV on the outside can be 3 or 4 different ones on the inside.

For instance my Vizio 50" plasma has LG panel and boards inside.
        copy that my sony has a samsung panel.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          copy that my sony has a samsung panel.
          Yeah mine too.

pclaptop, I see a total of 8 electrolytic caps. The 2 largest ones almost never fail.

Of the 6 left the smallest ones are the most likely to fail. It is best to replace any of them that are under 100v rating.

The info you are looking for is printed on the capacitor sides. It will show something like this for example ( 470uf 25v ) it will also have the series letters ( HZ, ZD HE ) or ZLG . You have to find replacement caps that are equivalent to in specifications or better than the ones in the board now.

Yours uses a different power supply than the others. Possibly a newer model?
          Last edited by MagicSmoke; 12-19-2014, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I see at least 4 fuses on your power supply. The main glass fuse is probably ok. Check them for continuity.

Comment

thanks will check the fuses, none of the caps seem bloated or oozing! hmmm

Comment

The smallest ones almost never show external signs of failure. They lose their specified ratings and the circuit stops working or causes other parts to fail.

Have you checked to see what voltages are present on the PSU? Sometimes you have to search for info on your specific board # to see if there are different problems.
                Last edited by MagicSmoke; 12-20-2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Did you get her fixed? Im having same problem

Comment

Working...
                  X