Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCTV capacitors

1st of hi all
    can anyone help me i have a CCTV box its an adata LJD 16 Colossus and it keep rebooting, "seem to be ok when it get warm"
    i have had a good look at the PCB and have found at least 5 capacitors are lose, i did remove and resoldering them, but it seem its a bad design as the pads are under the capacitors, "if you know what i mean" so if i get some new capacitors with longer legs on i could fit them one the other side so i can get to the pads, leavind the legs a bit longer,
    so my question is were can i get some of these capacitors "RM 220uf 10v CD11XK 105c"

http://www.rme.cn/enhtml/cd11xk.htm

i have seen these on eBay are these a good match?

1..http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

2..http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

3..http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

4..http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

5..http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

thanks all
    Last edited by lee123; 03-17-2011, 06:46 AM. Reason: update

Re: CCTV capacitors

If the Panasonic FC caps are real and not fakes, I would go with the Panasonic FC caps.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Try as hard as you can to NOT buy components off eBay. Depending on the seller, you can get real ones...but a lot of times you are going to get fakes.

Buy from places like Mouser.com, DigiKey.com, Farnell.com...

You're guaranteed they are real and the prices are usually cheaper there...

Comment

Try these perhaps: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...9CirBwirkM8%3d

Comment

the only 2 ebay cap sellers i would trust are egekecu's PC Motherboard Capacitor Store (PCMCS) and AudJade_chn

they're both aware of the fake cap crap and won't list or sell any of that junk.

edit: uhm.. topcat?
          Last edited by Scenic; 03-17-2011, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
            If the Panasonic FC caps are real and not fakes, I would go with the Panasonic FC caps.
            FAKES!!!!! what ever next, Panasonic FC caps sound good to me.

Originally posted by TheLaw View Post
            Try as hard as you can to NOT buy components off eBay. Depending on the seller, you can get real ones...but a lot of times you are going to get fakes.

Buy from places like Mouser.com, DigiKey.com, Farnell.com...

You're guaranteed they are real and the prices are usually cheaper there...
            Are they any way to tell fakes? had a look on Mouser.com, DigiKey.com, Farnell.com ether £12. delivery charge or £20 min spend+delivery charge.

Originally posted by TheLaw View Post
            thanks for that link.

Originally posted by Scenic View Post
            the only 2 ebay cap sellers i would trust are egekecu's PC Motherboard Capacitor Store (PCMCS) and AudJade_chn

they're both aware of the fake cap crap and won't list or sell any of that junk.

edit: uhm.. topcat?
            two more good links, as i'm in the UK i have waited up to 45days to get the from over there.

the cost and time is why i was looking on ebay but i did not know about all the fakes out there, but i do now.

do anyone know a place in the UK that dont charge £12 delivery charge or £20 min spend

lee
            Last edited by lee123; 03-18-2011, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Maybe these will work (if they fit)?...
              https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=117
              or perhaps these, though, their ESR is not as low as the ZLG:
              https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=53

Page says international shipping is $8.

Comment

Try RS-Components (http://uk.rs-online.com/web/)

I order most of my capacitors from them, in NZ we have free shipping and no minimum order. Hopefully it is the same in the UK!

PS: Parts however often have a MOQ, for capacitors it is usually 5.
                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                  Maybe these will work (if they fit)?...
                  https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=117
                  or perhaps these, though, their ESR is not as low as the ZLG:
                  https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=53

Page says international shipping is $8.
                  thanks for the links, the only thing i would have to wait as in UK

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                  Try RS-Components (http://uk.rs-online.com/web/)

I order most of my capacitors from them, in NZ we have free shipping and no minimum order. Hopefully it is the same in the UK!

PS: Parts however often have a MOQ, for capacitors it is usually 5.
                  thanks got some from RS 20 in all, cost £0.74 for caps, post and vat cost £6.83 in all

if i leave the legs longer, (about 10mm) as i have to fit them on the other side of the PCB, will that make any differance?

lee

Comment

What do you mean by longer? Just make sure they don't touch the enclosure or any piece of metal etc...

Comment

Can you upload some pictures of this box so we can see what the issue is?

Comment

Yeah I think photos would be very good, I still don't really know what the problem actually is either.

Remember to upload photos to the forum itself, NOT external hosting sites!
                        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                        -David VanHorn

Comment

with 5 caps removed
                          Attached Files

Comment

17.10.2004 would be about the right time of manufacture for it to be having issues.

Comment

dam, now replaced 5 caps and still keep rebooting every 5mins, when its cold and on boot up they are 5 chips come up on the monitor display, the 3nd one has a X on it and cams 10, 11, 12, and 13 dont work, also the front panal cam leds 10,11 and 12, are off.
                              when it get warm thats after about 20mins and 5ish reboots later it seem to be OK and all cams work, no X, and all leds light up,

seanc :- you seem to have come across this board before, have you or anyone got any information that may be helpfull,

lee
                              Last edited by lee123; 03-22-2011, 02:43 AM.

Comment

So are you saying that you can't solder the new capacitors because the solder is on the component side?

This would not normally be a problem, the holes should be plated through-holes and solder will flow from one side through to the other, you don't need to solder on the component side.

If the solder isn't going through it may be that your iron is not powerful enough and can't heat the board properly.

This is just a guess based on your photo and notations on it.

Can we get some more photos, showing everything on the board? If the issues seem heat related it could be some other faulty part or bad soldering... can't say much with only looking at a small corner of the board...
                                -David VanHorn

Comment

Check the power supply caps.
                                  Mann-Made Global Warming.
                                  - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                                  -
                                  You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                                  -

Comment

So are you saying that you can't solder the new capacitors because the solder is on the component side?
                                    I think no.
                                    My take is the asker tried to remove and re-install the old caps and the legs were too short.
                                    Mann-Made Global Warming.
                                    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                                    -
                                    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                                    -

Comment

This would not normally be a problem, the holes should be plated through-holes and solder will flow from one side through to the other, you don't need to solder on the component side.

If the solder isn't going through it may be that your iron is not powerful enough and can't heat the board properly.

This is just a guess based on your photo and notations on it.

Can we get some more photos, showing everything on the board? If the issues seem heat related it could be some other faulty part or bad soldering... can't say much with only looking at a small corner of the board...
                                      as its an old pcb and the caps were lose then the plateing in the holes had come away with the solder when removing, so i put new cap in and have left the sitting high so i can solder from other side, will post more photos as soon as i can. thanks lee

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
                                        Check the power supply caps.
                                        supply!!!! it has a psu supply like my computer, i have not opened it up yet, but will have a look to see,

thanks did not think of that....

Comment

Working...
                                        X