Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will lg led work with 1 led out in 2 light strips., whats this spot ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long will lg led work with 1 led out in 2 light strips., whats this spot ?

Just replaced 2 strips that were shorted open , tv plays great but has one light out in two other strips , will it play awhile like this. Doesn't affect picture much. Also I have this dark little spot shown in pic could it be trash behind the lcd on diffuser plastics.its right above the e in picture. My first led !
    Attached Files

Re: How long will lg led work with 1 led out in 2 light strips., whats this spot ?

The Led is shorted, the whisker inside is shorting out from anode to cathode. It will work and last fine matey, but be sure to turn down the backlight to help stop others dropping.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Re: How long will lg led work with 1 led out in 2 light strips., whats this spot ?

shorted open?

Comment

I may not have used the right term but when I said shorted open I meant I replaced a strip that the whole strip died and was not lighting up. Any ideas if trash on white panel can show up on lcd.

Comment

does like like a piece of dirt between the diffuser plastics layers but hard to say and is it worth the risk of disassembly again.

Comment

Turn down the backlights as Reecey has already said.

The #1 cause of LED backlight failure is that they are turned up all the way. I run my backlights never higher than 75%. Never had any issues on any of the screens here.

Comment

Working...
            X