Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help to Identify

Members,

Please see attached photo of a bad cap on a Jetway NC9KDL-2700 motherboard.

The cap has an indentation on the side as if it has been punctured and one of the terminals has broken off.

As the motherboard is recently purchased albeit second hand from Ebay I am unsure if the cap has blown out or damaged in transit. Can anyone clarify if the damage reported is symptomatic of a blown cap or physical damage.

I am struggling to identify the capacitor as the markings do not seem to correlate with anything online. I have reason to believe that it has been manufactured by Panasonic.

Can anyone help to identify so that I can order a new one?

Much appreciated,

Dan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by djt4071; 08-03-2015, 01:21 AM. Reason: Attach picture

Re: Help to Identify

see this post.
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...48&postcount=8

Comment

stj,

Thankyou for your reply. Can you shed any further light as to where to source a replacement and also the details of the replacement necessary.

Much appreciated,

Dan

Comment

820uf 2.5v polymer
        you know the diameter - i dont.
        once you know the diameter, farnell has some with free shipping.

Comment

stj,

That's great - thankyou. Actually looking at the markings I can begin to decipher where you got that information from.

Thanks for the help.

Dan

Comment

it's probably 8x8mm (L8 series)

http://uk.farnell.com/nichicon/rl80e...tor/dp/1854119 would be an exact replacement
            I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

£15 delivery charge on u.s. stock.

he needs to use a 6.3v version from wurth-technik
              or see if RS has other brands in stock.

both RS and Farnell are busy cutting each others throats at the moment with unlimited free delivery!

Comment

Working...
              X