Vizio M470NV LED TV Distorted picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio M470NV LED TV Distorted picture

I pick up two Vizio this weekend. One M470NV LED TV and Vizio VF551XVT LCD TV. The M470NV does power on but the picture is distorted.

The Vizio VF551XVT had a crack screen and will be parted out.
    Vizio VF551XVT is a 240hz too bad the panel is cracked.

The M470NV I haven't cracked it open yet. I'm hoping to find a ribbon cable loose or a poor connection. I'm happy its not a stuck on logo problem. I check for parts on the web, there is a PC board inside instead of a T-CON and It maybe the problem.

I paid $70.00 for the M470NV with internet apps I believe it's about 3 years old. I will post picture of the inside later.
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio M470NV LED TV Distorted picture

Looks like tab bonds or panel to me hope I'm wrong bro.

Comment

mmartell, you are right, This look very nice and I hate to part is out. 1st the seller have been inside. I found a fuse on the PC board with a wire solder on it, so the fuse was blown. one ribbon was disconnected because it cause smoke and a burn mark on the panel board. So one of the bonding tab is damage.

So I'm gotta test this TV and part it out also with the Vizio VF551XVT.
      That how the chips fall !!
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like water damage is a possibility.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Have a 42" of this series with TFT tab bond failure due to excessive windex, blue corrosion built up all over the SMD parts.

Comment

Did some tested, all HDMI ports are working, but the image on the screen is reverse. this mean a bad PC board is possible?

looking at the metal frame around the panel, there is a water stain residue.

so most likely the owner was cleaning the screen and liquid ran down into panel board circuit.

Comment

Oddly enough, we have seen bad tab bond cause a mirrored image.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
              X