Lg 42pj350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 42pj350

ok so my latest project got this today it clicks when you turn the tv on then on the bottom of the screen you have distorted image then the tv will restart and do the same images again

ive attached a video for you too see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbz0nbQn9II

thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Lg 42pj350

That's incredibly uncanny.

Look at this.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37411

Comment

two 22R resistors topright of PSU usually.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

5W22ROJ any idea on the part where to get some ?

thanks
        Last edited by sordids999; 05-13-2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

22ohm, 5W wirewound resistor--A standard part, any competent parts supplier will have 'em....
          TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
          http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
          PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by sordids999 View Post
            5W22ROJ any idea on the part where to get some ?

thanks
            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22-Ohm-5-W...item1e83bf1433

or try cpc
            Last edited by vinceroger69; 05-13-2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Update:
                1. I removed the Z-SUS board and found that the high power copper inductor had cracked solder joints
                2.Replaced the resistors

working ok at the present moment just testing it now

Comment

Originally posted by sordids999 View Post
                  Update:
                  1. I removed the Z-SUS board and found that the high power copper inductor had cracked solder joints
                  2.Replaced the resistors

working ok at the present moment just testing it now
                  Double whammy. So what did you think of the post I linked? perfect timing having that one solved just before yours.

Comment

yeah thanks alot mate for the help all i want now is to open up the usb to play movies but looking around at the moment how to do it

Comment

Not sure, I'd just be getting a copy of the user guide. Never tried it.

Comment

yeah maybe ill leave it wanted to play some movies of my son school plays etc
                        thanks to all that helped also

Comment

did you see this try at your own risk!!!!
                          http://www.lg-hack.info/cgi-bin/sn_f...=2676&tid=3499

Comment

yeah but i thought ill leave it thanks though

Comment

I have been working on one of these LG sets recently, and have found they are a bit of a troublesome set, they seem to have a few stock faults, engineers seem to want to hide whats causing these issues which not only wastes people like you and me who are trying to fix them, but is also highly frustrating.

The power Supply on many of these 42-50" sets uses a Thyristor, and Resistor Load system, when you switch the tv off a microchip underneath the psu sends a Discharge signal (16 V) to the Thyristor, this opens a gate slowly and discharges the capacitors on the ysus and xsus boards into the two 22 Ohm 5 Watt resistors, across the gate and drain of the Thyristor your see a small signal capacitor usually either a small electrolytic 100Uf 16V or a small ceramic 104 marked cap, it depends on the design, on the sets ive had in the 100uf cap had a high esr of 2 ohms but the UF reading was fine, on unsoldering it i compared it with a new one and it was a different reading the new one being 0.4 ohms ESR, if you then charge the capacitor on a 9 volt battery and use and analog meter like an AVO8 your see it drops very jerky and then falls like a stone to 0v, test a new capacitor and it should drop smoothly to 0V, the capacitor seems to hold the gate open then close it, this then lets the ysus and xsus panels drain down through the 2 x 22 ohm resistors to ground, if the capacitors shot only an esr meter will tell you, the gate is held open two fast and the surge blows the resistor open on turn off, replacing it will blow it again sooner or later, change the capacitor, the other stuff about current control IC and diodes on the net is not the issue here.

When the resistor blows usually the lower one the IC detects a start up fault and clicks twice the relay and the power supply is then shut down, replacing the resistor will not solve the problem for long, I have watched all the info on the guy in the USA changing Diodes and Current control ICs but ive never seen this happen yet on these sets, I think he maybe just having bad luck, the kits are available on ebay, but the current control IC is easy enough to test anyway, i think a lot of this issue is bad quality capacitors on these LG boards.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Bilbo44uk; 03-24-2015, 06:52 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

Working...
                              X