Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aquos blinking error help needed

Hi folks, I'm hoping someone can help.
    I've got a Sharp Aquos LC32X20E in that has a flashing light error of LED x 2 OPC x 3
    After speaking to sharp customer support (who weren't much help) the error was pointed towards either firmware upgrade or power supply issue.
    I've done the firmware upgrade and also after testing the power board the error pointed at a Schottky diode which I've replaced. However the tv is still stuck with the blinking error code cycle. Before fitting the new diode I could force the tv on, However now I cannot.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Soltys; 02-17-2015, 08:48 AM. Reason: Missed info

Re: Sharp Aquos blinking error help needed

The model number of the TV would be great help, as would pictures of the boards inside the set so we can understand the layout and configuration.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Sorry just added the model number. I'll take a pic now....

Comment

We need good clear photos and the model number please.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Here's 1
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's another
            Attached Files

Comment

The readings come back as follows, Whilst cycling the error code
              PS ON 0v At power on 3v initially then drops to 0v
              AC DET 3.13v
              PNL POWER 0
              BU5V 5.01
              UR15V 0
              UR15V 0

UR15V 0
              S15V 0
              S15V 0

Apart from the PS ON Voltage changing when initially powered on everything else reads the same
              Attached Files

Comment

maybe the mainboard isnt turning on the power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                  maybe the mainboard isnt turning on the power supply.
                  The mainboard is telling the psu to turn on because it has the 3.1v telling it to turn on....
                  Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                    The mainboard is telling the psu to turn on because it has the 3.1v telling it to turn on....
                    ok, maybe you can tell him why his 15s are missing huh?

Comment

Disconnect inverter connection - a shorted inverter can cause the 15V to drop out (will short 60V which runs off same trafo)
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                        ok, maybe you can tell him why his 15s are missing huh?
                        Im with him now, the pson signal is fine if you bothered to look it up the 15s isnt coming on for some reason and is shuting down. If you read we had to repair he psu we are checking that now and disconecting the inverter, dont bother trying to help us anymore mate.
                        Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 02-17-2015, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                          Disconnect inverter connection - a shorted inverter can cause the 15V to drop out (will short 60V which runs off same trafo)
                          Ok I've tried that and all the readings are the same Tom

Comment

Alright, everyone go to your corner and take a breather. There is an ignore feature on this forum, use it if you guys can't get along.
                            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                            Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                            http://folding.stanford.edu/
                            Team : 49813
                            Join in!!
                            Team Stats

Comment

Ok, Soltys, please check the voltage across the 450V capacitor.

This is a large capacitor on the PRIMARY (DANGER) side of the power supply. Your volt meter will need to be on a high DC voltage range, red probe one end of cap, black on other end.

Do not touch the two leads together and do not touch anything on the primary side with any part of your body...

We are expecting around 320V in standby, ~390V running.
                              Last edited by tom66; 02-17-2015, 01:02 PM.

Comment

nomoresonys and ReeceyBurger123 - Enough!!

The next argumentative post in this thread will result in an infraction.
                                I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

not a problem, we were just having a little fun.

Comment

Its ok me and sony have called it quits now

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                      Ok, Soltys, please check the voltage across the 450V capacitor.

This is a large capacitor on the PRIMARY (DANGER) side of the power supply. Your volt meter will need to be on a high DC voltage range, red probe one end of cap, black on other end.

Do not touch the two leads together and do not touch anything on the primary side with any part of your body...

We are expecting around 320V in standby, ~390V running.
                                      Ok thanks Tom, I will give it a go in the morning and come back to you, thanks for the help bud

Comment

Originally posted by Soltys View Post
                                        Ok thanks Tom, I will give it a go in the morning and come back to you, thanks for the help bud
                                        We will check the psu over again to make sure there are no more dead shorts.

Comment

Working...
                                        X