Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vizio E320i no backlight, flashlight test good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E320i no backlight, flashlight test good.

Please bare with me. I'm very much a novice at this kind of thing. Only swapped out some leaky caps on some lcd monitors in the past. Bought this tv cheap. Figured it would be pretty easy to diagnose. TV powers on, but no visible display. Using the flashlight trick I can see the Vizio setup menu. Don't have a DMM yet, but it is on the way. I'm curious if someone could point me in the right directions on how to measure the voltages both coming from the power board and the voltages on the main board. I somewhat understand what to look for, but the lack of pins coming from the power has me unsure of what voltage I should expect to read and what I should look for on the main board. I'm assuming that my problem is on the main board (maybe voltage regulator or something). Just a guess without a meter though. Any help is greatly appreciated. Full model number is Vizio E320i-a0.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by adam3303; 03-11-2014, 08:42 PM. Reason: Added full model number.

Re: Vizio E320i no backlight, flashlight test good.

Man is it late. Moderator can you move this to tv's and video sources please.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by adam3303; 03-11-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Hi, it's a led backlight type i think.. on the mainb. there are 2 white connectors that forms an "L", one 5 pins , one 6 pins, on the picture 5 are on hour 7.. those seem to be the led B.L. power outputs, i'm not expert, never repaired one of this type.. check the voltage on each pin, if there is no voltage on some pins, with meter's continuity test (beep) check which ones are connected to board's ground and which are con. to one pin of those grey coils (inductors)..
      on the first picture to up-right there's a stripe board, is that the front buttons board?
      The conn. that goes to led b.light seem to be the one with all black wires apart one white that goes to the side, the other near that goes to the bottom center is probably the ir receiver.
      Last edited by Davi.p; 03-15-2014, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Check diodes marked in red, possible transistors marked in green (if them are marked Dxxx are diodes), inductors ar marked in yellow, in the center of the row of 4 inductors there is an IC with pins on 4 sides, tell me its part num.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Davi.p; 03-15-2014, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X