Coolmax CX400B GI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolmax CX400B GI

Just thought I would post some pics if the caps in a CoolMax 400w PSU. They are GI brand which I have never heard of. This Particular PSU just stopped powering up one day no particular reason. Less than 6 months old.

Pics aren't that great. They are taken with my LG EnV Touch cell phone.
    Attached Files

Re: Coolmax CX400B GI

Sunpro/leadman. Typical crap.

Comment

Looks a bit better made than this sun pro.
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...2&postcount=36
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Looks the same as my 2 broken coolmax cu-500b. I replaced every single cap and mov and it still blows fuses. I havent bothered to troubleshoot beyond that.

Comment

if it's blowing a fuse then it wasnt the caps, more likely the rectifier or primary transistors.

Comment

I really just posted this for information. I'm not going to attempt to repair it, since it isn't worth the time invested. I think it was purchased for about $25.00.

I have to convince the boss that cheap PSU's don't save us money.

Comment

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...=Story&reid=71

Here's more proof. The first and second to last units are from the same manufacturer of this coolmax. (leadman/sunpro)

The first one on the second page is the brand you should use most often.
              Last edited by 370forlife; 01-29-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X