Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-60LE830U

Hey all,

I wanted to move my issue to a new thread per recommendation. The initial issue was raised here... https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=32014&page=3

Would love some help! I'm assuming I need to order a new PS board now? I unplugged the power after the pop and smoke, but I want to say that the tv was still doing a 1short/1long error code. I was kind of paranoid and didn't want to make things worse.

Re: Sharp LC-60LE830U

Well I'm thinking.along.the.lines.of.power supply as well.but for.good measure I'd.ohm.the two cables and.check.for.ground shorts. especially when the TV behave differently when you pulled the back cover off you might have moved a wire and that wire shorted to ground they're going to be black wires and blue wires you need to check and see if the blue wires are shorted against the black wires or if the blue wires are shorted to the chassis of the TV.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Hey freakaftr8,

Thanks for the reply! Sorry, just to clarify, I need to ohm the blue and black wires for ground shorts. I'm out of the house, but from this pic I took on the phone (sorry it's blurry), there's only one black and one blue that is part of like a 7-8 pin connector? just above the transformer that went bad? bottom left in the picture. Is that right?
      Attached Files

Comment

OK. Ohm the black against the frame of the tv. Then the blue wires against the frame of the tv. Basically on your voltmeter red lead to each wire in the looms, black lead on the frame. Look for a dead short.

Comment

Here's a better pic. I actually removed the board. Not sure how to get to the end of those wires, but I'll do some digging.

Regardless, I'm going to have to buy a new PSU right?
          Attached Files

Comment

Got it. I missed that last post before I posted an updated image. I'll have results in the morning.

Comment

Ok gave it a go. And didn't get any response in the voltmeter. No beeps. This was testing the black and blue wires when the PSU was detached, but that shouldn't make a difference right?

Comment

Had my dad the electrician double check. He said no shorts. Any other thoughts?
                Last edited by micahg; 03-11-2014, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Ordered a new PSU and it's on its way. Opted not to go eBay route bc of another thread suggesting possible bad inverters on the cheap boards. When I install the new PSU, will I need to reset anything or will it just plug and play?

Comment

I'm pretty sure you're on the right track see what happens with the new power supply re post

Comment

Alright guys, I installed the new PSU and lamp error is still going 1-1, but i bypass it with vol down, input, power, and it works! I've been trying to figure out how to reset the lamp error. I've gotten to the menu by holding channel down & vol down, here's the picture below, let me know if it says anything else unusual. There's an on/off choice on the second page of the menu for "Lamp Error Reset" I've tried to turn that on and then power the tv off but it doesn't reset the lamp error. Any suggestions?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok did it! I did two things and don't know which one did it. Went to the menu again and using the channel down button on the tv went down to lamp error reset. Turned it on, then took the tv remote control and pressed the "OK/Enter" button. Then turned the TV off. I then unplugged the TV and held down channel up and vol down while plugging in the TV power. No error light!

I'm still a little curious on the lamp error listings. The image above also had monitor error causes. Anyone have any insight to those? I have these high hopes and super low expectations that this fix is going to last, being it's the first time I've ever done something like this.

Comment

Detail display 1 Slow flashing - 1 Fast flashing - Cause
                          Inverter/Lamp system failure Flashes once Flashes once Lamp error

Comment

Thanks Nuala, I had information on the light codes, I was actually referring to the image I posted that listed the reference codes of the monitor error.

Comment

I am having the same problem with my LC-60LE810UN TV. On visual inspection of one of the 30 LED strips, I could see what looked to be small burn marks in the first LED. When testing with my volt meter in diode test mode, I confirmed that all but the first LED were working/lighting up. I did have a broken LED car lamp that had a similar sized SMD LED on it, so I robbed that and put it on the strip (BTW, soldering that small stuff is a real bitch). I figured I didn't have anything to loose since the strip was bad anyway I will know today if it is going to work since I need to have someone over to help me get the panel back in the front frame so I have access to the front buttons to force it on. I will post whether it worked or not.

If this fix does not work, I would like to purchase an LED strip. Does anyone know where to get one? I have searched the net and ebay quite a bit and all I found on ebay was one from a different model 60 inch TV (LC-60LE632U) that had one similar number on the strip (E329419). The LEDs were a different style on that strip, but I could not count how many it had from the pictures he posted. If that one won't work, I may be looking for somewhere to get one.

Comment

OK, so I got the TV set back in the front panel so I could test it. I pushed the vol down, input and power. The power light came on for a bit and I saw the LEDs flash for a microsecond after a bit. The TV did not come on. I am guessing that my repair of the LED strip did not work. I do still think that is my problem though and would like to purchase one if anyone can tell me where to get one at a reasonable price.

Comment

That button sequence is the reset mode?
                                  Before, when you had the bad LED, the strip lit up for a second?

Comment

Yes. After I pushed the vol down, input and power, it took between 5 and 10 seconds, but the backlights flickered once briefly. This was the same thing that happened after putting the new LED in. One other thing to note is that when trying to heat up one side of the LED to get the burned LED out, I believe I ripped part of the pad off. When I soldered the new one in that I got from the car lamp, I was able to get the pad on the bottom of that LED jumpered all the way across to connect where the pad was missing. To confirm that I had it connected, I had the meter in diode test and connected to one side of LED 2 with the negative lead and the positive lead I had on the little solder point labeled "2" next to the connector. When I did that, LED 1 lit up. I did not hook a bunch of 9 volts together and test the whole strip as others have done, but I did verify each LED individually.

I thought that button sequence was the one to force it to start up regardless of errors. Is there some other sequence I should be doing?

Thanks for the reply..

Dan B.

Comment

OK, here is another update on y situation. I did some more searching and found a post on fixya.com that suggested holding vol down, ch up and power until the light came on solid. After doing that it seems that I can turn the TV on and off with the light staying solid on, but I still get no backlighting. Is ther a way to get the backlight circuit to fire so I can see if any of the strips are dead? The quick flash I was seeing before didn't really allow me to see enough to tell if one was out or not.

Dan B.

Comment

You could probably force start the power supply with some resistors, but you will have to unplug the wire harness between the power supply and mainboard.
                                        I'm not familiar, with this TV's connector designation.

Comment

Working...
                                        X