laptop or tv repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laptop or tv repair

i just wanna ask..is tv repair is easier than a laptop? .cos im planning to repair tv also..hope our masters here where share there ideas..thanks.

Re: laptop or tv repair

TV repair just like (my hero) Rodrigo Duterte everything is easy, if you know How!

PS: I am not A master, but I will try my test to help someone who help themselves.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by capwizard; 03-24-2017, 09:36 AM.

Comment

TV's seem to be easier. Because...
      The boards are simpler and there is a chance to find/get schematic...
      The boards are generally more crude, so it's easier to do component level repairs...
      The bad thing is that usually the software and the processors are not widely available...
      Laptop repairs are harder...because...
      Everything on the board is so small, that you need microscope to see it..not to work on it..
      Generally no way to find full schematic and even if you do it's nearly impossible to trace multilayer boards...
      But for older models you have much and very cheap spare parts... And the parts are much more universal...
      Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
      1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

tv is easier if you have plenty of space .. laptop not so easy even if you dont have space for tv.s .. cars are easier than both of them so long as your garage isnt full of broken tv.s
        Last edited by petehall347; 03-24-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
          cars are easier than both of them so long as your garage isnt full of broken tv.s
          Not really. The new cars have so much proprietary electronics and everything communicates via CAN bus.
          Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
          1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

for now i dont have enough space for tv repair..someday if i can get bigger space for my shop..thanks anyway guys..atleast for now planning to accept for tv repair.i just wanna ask is new led tv is the software is easily damage i mean like the bios problem?

Comment

I am slowly building up the equipment to start laptop board level repairs, or rather to add laptop board level repairs to my current range of repair services. I am going to be focusing on on apple mac boards as I have most of the schematics for these now.

Equipment wise

Soldering workstation with range of smd tips (Pace themal pick or variant) (have)

Thermal tweezers (highly recommended) (have)

Hot air smd tool I have a Pace thermo drive (on order)

Irda workstation useful to have

If your are going to get into removing larger BGA's then you will need something like a well Weller WHA 900 and probably an irda work station (on order)

Through hole solder extractor pace endura sx80 (have)

I have obtained most of this equipment on the second hand circuit as and when it becomes available, to save on costs all the pace equipment is run by a mbt250 three channel supply and controller, my hand soldering arrangements are currently covered by a well wsp80 watt iron and workstation supply. For more thermal mass I will be adding a pace variant as and when one comes up that is compatible with the mbt250.

good microscope and video camera (have)

No matter what tools you obtain though spend as much time as you can practising on scrap boards.

decent test meter I prefer Flukes 77 or 79 are good examples and can be obtained relatively cheaply
              Last edited by llonen; 04-14-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I think the key to success in this business , is never to refuse any kind of repairs . Even if you have a small space , you can hire persons to do at home repairs .
                Even more , i can say frankly , that few repairs are the difficult ones . Many repairs are as simple as cut inputs , twisted cables , empty batteries , inlets not functioning and laptops drying of the type " Was it unplugged " ? .
                On the few difficult repairs , when you charge 50$ and more , it's not a weird thing to buy a schema ... You'll use it many times later .

Comment

Thanks for all the advices..for now just focus for cellphone and laptop..thanks again guys

Comment

Originally posted by cool_male01 View Post
                    Thanks for all the advices..for now just focus for cellphone and laptop..thanks again guys
                    If you want a lasting career, consider doing data recovery on phones and laptops.

With the decreasing prices of phones and laptops, sometimes they are beyond economic repair.

Data, however, is important to the user. Baby, wedding pictures/videos that aren't backed up will be worth $$$.
                    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

On the subject of data recovery for laptops and phones what recovery software options are there aside form deep-spar

I have been looking into R studio and ddrescue.

Many thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                      X