Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOL m$ acting like little bitches again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL m$ acting like little bitches again!

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/04/28/mi...7-and-8-1-pcs/

Re: LOL m$ acting like little bitches again!

I havent updated a PC since the ass-shoving of W10.....the sky hasn't fallen.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

the sky fell for some when secureboot got adopted!

Comment

There is a workaround that was released a week before the article. Its on github.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
          There is a workaround that was released a week before the article. Its on github.
          I don't think that's the point.....there should have never been a need for a 'workaround'.
          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
          Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
          http://folding.stanford.edu/
          Team : 49813
          Join in!!
          Team Stats

Comment

exactly.

Comment

I was starting to pity M$ a bit after apple and google eating their lunch, but after seeing stuff like this, let them starve.

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
                after seeing stuff like this, let them starve.
                That bit i agree with... The feeling bad for them because of Google/Apple, not so much. M$ toppling has been a long time coming!
                Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

$23.56 billion revenue by Microsoft this quarter. They are far from toppling or starving and probably don't give two shits about those holding onto 7 and 8.1..

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
                    The feeling bad for them because of Google/Apple, not so much. M$ toppling has been a long time coming!
                    I don't agree with this. google and apple are worse from the core compared to M$ because they have "phone home" devices from the start, built in advertising, plus you don't get admin access in the default install. M$ is just following suit seeing the advantages the phones have in user tracking - and I'm sure they'd love to also rid your admin access too so that they can do the same privilege separation that phones enjoy.

Except that this completely breaks the way that PCs historically work. I cannot understand why people let themselves get controlled by ios and android when they complain about what M$ does with PCs, and since people think android/ios is "ok" to have built in advertising, M$ thinks it's OK to put it in PCs too. This is wrong of course, but they're fighting for the ad revenue if they can't get OS revenue anymore.

I have to admit that Linux would have never happened without M$, because the hardware would have never been standardized enough to allow Linux to run on pretty much any x86 machine you can find.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                      $23.56 billion revenue by Microsoft this quarter. They are far from toppling or starving and probably don't give two shits about those holding onto 7 and 8.1..
                      Yep, exactly, hence they feel entitled to do this to kill off 7/8.1. Userbase is too small and dying.

Comment

Yep, exactly, hence they feel entitled to do this to kill off 7/8.1. Userbase is too small and dying.
                        While I agree MS doesn't care about anyone still on 7/8.1, the size of the user base has little to do with it (at least for 7), 7's market share is still at around 50% of computer users (not just windows), while 10 is only around 25%.
                        https://www.netmarketshare.com/opera...10&qpcustomd=0

Comment

I should clarify, users still paying them $$$.

They don't make money from win7/8.1 so they don't exist, as far as M$ is concerned... OR their SHAREHOLDERS.

Comment

I'm so glad I switched Linux 3 years ago.

Now that I'm done my taxes, I can put away my Windows 10 machine until April next year. The tax software I use runs on Windows. I tried WINE and while it works, it requires a lot of time and effort to get the right combination. Just easier to use a Windows 10 machine for a week to do solely taxes and nothing else.
                            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

My android devices all have throw away accounts (userid and passwords) with no banking, email or other sensitive information. It is solely used for light games, education and GPS.
                              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                                My android devices all have throw away accounts (userid and passwords) with no banking, email or other sensitive information. It is solely used for light games, education and GPS.
                                But you think it's OK with a throw away account.

I think it's not OK even with a throw away account.

Comment

I cannot understand why people let themselves get controlled by ios and android when they complain about what M$ does with PCs, and since people think android/ios is "ok" to have built in advertising, M$ thinks it's OK to put it in PCs too. This is wrong of course, but they're fighting for the ad revenue if they can't get OS revenue anymore.

Hence why my phone runs GNU/Linux, Not Dalvik/Linux/Android. Sailfish is well alive my friends!
                                  Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Look the Interview from Barnacley from Eli the computer guy.
                                    That was very interesting.

Long story short:
                                    Employees loved/adored Bill Gates. Even Steve Ballmer.

But the Nadella he can't say anything good about. And that might be the problem. That the CEO does know shit about what he's doing. And ruins everything. Like Hector Ruiz did with AMD...

Comment

apple
                                      Seen the PoS Macbook 2016 edition?? THe one where they got rid of the magsafe charging port. And soldered the SSD to the board...

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Payne View Post
                                        Seen the PoS Macbook 2016 edition?? THe one where they got rid of the magsafe charging port. And soldered the SSD to the board...
                                        The one that drops off the WIFI when you use USB?

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
                                        X