TH-46PZ80U 46IN PLASMA no picture, no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TH-46PZ80U 46IN PLASMA no picture, no sound

Okay, check that the red and brown cable with a lot of wires in it is properly seated on the A board end... you may need to reseat it on the D board side as well.

Which connectors go to/from the power supply board from the main board?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      Okay, check that the red and brown cable with a lot of wires in it is properly seated on the A board end... you may need to reseat it on the D board side as well.

Which connectors go to/from the power supply board from the main board?
      thanks for your help
      when i removed the cable with brown and red the image was white
      Attached Files

Comment

connector to power supply board
        Attached Files

Comment

is this a bad cap?
          Attached Files

Comment

In the A board picture middle connector with alternate brown and white wire there is a a small white component - can you check if it is a fuse.

Cap looks ok is it leaking at all? perhaps a pic more across the end if you think it is buldged
            Last edited by selldoor; 06-11-2012, 11:56 AM.
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

On the D board (at least I think that is what this is )I cant see any fuses but there are
              some fusible links which act the same. Can you test them all as you would a fuse. Some are not populated - there may be others I can see. Power off Multimeter on ohms 200
              one probe each end of FL - should be similar to holding the probes together. - Post results.

By the way you said "when i removed the cable with brown and red the image was white"
              I dont know what you meant exactly but you should probably not plug/unplug connectors while the power is on.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by selldoor; 06-11-2012, 12:36 PM.
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

if you mean here, no fuse
                Attached Files

Comment

d board fuses, all good (short)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post

By the way you said "when i removed the cable with brown and red the image was white"
                    I dont know what you meant exactly but you should probably not plug/unplug connectors while the power is on.
                    i forgot to plug in the connector and i started the tv without and i have full white screen

Comment

Okay, full white screen proves both sustain boards, as well as all of the buffers and address drivers are working. I'm 99% sure the problem is in the A or D boards, but I'm not certain which one in particular is at fault. Did you try the input trick I recommended? If you press a button on the remote control, does the power LED blink (I seem to remember Panasonic TVs doing this when you press buttons.)
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Okay, full white screen proves both sustain boards, as well as all of the buffers and address drivers are working. I'm 99% sure the problem is in the A or D boards, but I'm not certain which one in particular is at fault. Did you try the input trick I recommended? If you press a button on the remote control, does the power LED blink (I seem to remember Panasonic TVs doing this when you press buttons.)
                        i tried but nothing more
                        if i press any button on remote does not blink
                        i can't power off, tv power of himself after 20- 30 sec and start again

Comment

This might help- if you have not seen it.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/24963802/1...Plasma-Display

Comment

Here's the manual I used for a PZ4280U.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/46124232/T...GPH11DU-Chasis

I had no blinks that I could tell. So I assumed 1 blink and went from there. Ended up being the A board.

Comment

Do you have a DMM (digital multimeter?) Any blinks from the LED? The screen glows in the dark?
                              I have the same model. the pics posted of the back are the same. Mine blinks twice, no glow at all and will not turn on at all. I do have a meter. I would appreciate any help.

Comment

Originally posted by nickmatine View Post
                                i tried but nothing more
                                if i press any button on remote does not blink
                                i can't power off, tv power of himself after 20- 30 sec and start again
                                nickmatime,

I am having this same problem with my TH-46PZ85U. Did you ever come up with a solution? It seems the thread has died. A reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Hello all,

I have a Panasonic th-46pz80u that isn't working. I replaced the main power supply which in turn gives me a different problem ontop of the original issue. the original problem was the no picture no sound and 10 blinks. now with the replacement power supply board i just get 3 quick clicks and solid power red light when i plug in the power cord. Still no picture or sound, no fans running. I press the power button and nothing. Anyone have any idea what else could it be? I can't seem to find an answer to this online anywhere.

Thanks,

Carl

Comment

everything connected correctly? page 33, see what that comes up with. picture of the tv so we can see how it's all connected
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey Tw2005, I purchased a new power board from china and plugged it in and get the same issue. All the cabling is seated correctly but all i get is 3 clicks when i plug it in and just a solid red light. no blinks at all. I looked at the tech manual you sent but i'm not so good with checking voltages with a multimeter but i will give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                                      X