Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vestel firmware

Hello once more,
    Having the usual hard time attempting to download firmware updates for vestel rubbish...This time for a Toshiba 22D1333B.
    I seem to notice that vestel make this virtually impossible,and this tv has the usual red/green flashing lamp.
    Do they purposely go out of their way to prevent engineers from downloading software for their own cock-ups?.the flash corruption levels are beyond a joke for their products,and was mortified to find out even Panasonic uses their rubbish now.
    we have Sharp,Toshiba,jvc,and other big name brands which is essentially supermarket cack.
    Wonder what else is around the corner...

Re: Vestel firmware

what make flash chip do vestel use?

Comment

I've seen Spansion used on a lot, Winbond for smaller stuff.
      The problem is the flash memory wears out due to high temperatures and small process size. MLC NAND flash has a 3,000 cycle lifespan, if the TV is writing to the NAND a lot, it will fail.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

What does this mean to change the mainboard?!
        mfg thoma

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          I've seen Spansion used on a lot, Winbond for smaller stuff.
          The problem is the flash memory wears out due to high temperatures and small process size. MLC NAND flash has a 3,000 cycle lifespan, if the TV is writing to the NAND a lot, it will fail.
          i wonder if you can get compatable FRAM chips.
          i know you can by 24' series compatable FRAM.

Comment

Yes Tom, but we are talking about 12 month old vestels,it's unlikely any vestel would operate 3000 cycles of off/on etc...even samsungs and lg sets used daily from 2006/2007 do not seem to have the vestel issues.
            Just very poor design,i put it down to,and a tight lipped "we are keeping the 30 second flash update fix to ourselves" approach they seem to have...

Comment

I hate them nightmares to repair and normally the customer wont pay alot if the tv isn't that old.
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Well when they pick it out of the Argos catalogue for £70 why would they!

Would be interesting to attach a serial port emulator to the appropriate SCART pins - apparently there's a debug port on two pins.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
                X