• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: acer one d270 dead

anyone please help on this

Comment

Originally posted by Romulo View Post
      thanks for the response raajkumar i already done inject 1v on shorted side of pr133 now pl7 and pl8 getting hot should the two the culprit?
      No PL7 and PL8 was the coils. No need to replace it. Did you checked PQ1 and PQ50 for short, if it's not short circuited first you remove pl8 only. and inject power through PR133 and increase the power to 3 to 5V and see what happening. I think PU2 may be shorted. But can't be sure.

Comment

i remove PL8.there is no short on PQ1 and PQ50 i inject again 5v and now PU8 is getting hot

Comment

Check pq4, PQ3, PQ2, PQ5 for short. if its not shorted you can replace PU8.

Comment

pq5 s to d 76ohms pq2 fluctuating reading pq3 104ohms pq5 126ohms now i rechecked pq1 and pq50 now it becomes fluctuating reading

Comment

Did you removed them and checked. sometimes it will show the circuit connectivity.

Comment

no i checked in the board ok thanks ill try to remove them and checked again

Comment

@ romulo we have same problem now that im working on acer d270 netbook. so there no point for me to start a new thread...shorted on main power rail Vin..im starting to check capacitor that are connected directly to Vin and ground PQ38 is getting hot..

Comment

Originally posted by Romulo View Post
                    update: when i remove the PL6 pq38 not getting hot but if a replace pl6 and put it back the same issue pq38 goes hot what could it be the culprit for this?please anyone help
                    because.. PL6 is the main b+ of the charger. concentrate on all capacitors first that are connected to the main power rail.. Vin.. then mosfets

Comment

there are lots of capacitors FROM 0.1 4.7 and 2200. ..connected from main power rail to ground connected from PR 133 main power rail.. usually that two capacitors besides two mosfet..as per BoardView..
                      Attached Files

Comment

lets check together @Romulo these capacitors and mosfets.. as they are connected to main Vin..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                          Specs are very similar so it should be OK.
                          sir how can i open this free node site, user name and password

Comment

u are making some confusion on approacing a short on 19v rail. if u look on schematic, u see that first thing u removed is pl6 but it's not a a capacitor.

look schematic on page 29. if pq38 is getting hot u have short on 19 v rail. remove pr133 and see if u still have short... if short is pq38 side then u need to focus on taht zone, otherwise is some component that get that 19volt to generate something else.

now take bench power supply, solder a wire to the side that has short and get positive on that side and gnd on some metal part. start with 3 volt and see if psu get red light... meanwhile see if some component is getting hot..... and monitor ampere and voltage... for a short u neeed around 10 watt of power consumption so like 4 ampere and 2.5volt

if wire get hot but nothing on the board increase a bit voltage till max 4 volt and see if some zone is getting hot. after about 45-60 seconds from the time u started inject volt on mainboard , power off psu bench and touch mainboard for some hot zone... then power psu again and focus on that zone.... till u go further and further... when u fing some capacitor or similar, uve found the short.

most common all component that get Vin as input voltage could be the shorted one, like for example pu3 (3.3 and 5 volt regulator)
                            Last edited by dellxps15; 07-23-2020, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X