PCMCIA slot fillers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCMCIA slot fillers

The slot filler for the PCMCIA slot on my Toshiba Portege R200 is missing, so I have this gaping hole on that side of the laptop. What should I fill the hole with?
    I was looking for blanking pieces but they don't exist on ebay. so i was thinking... a cheap SD card reader or the like should do the trick right?
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Re: PCMCIA slot fillers

I can send you one? Would a dell one work?

Edit: crap, you live in Australia.

Comment

ebay it. uber cheap, since nobody really cares about them.
      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Fill it up with something like this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/2-port-...-laptops-24875
        http://www.dealextreme.com/p/pcmcia-...-laptops-13731
        http://www.dealextreme.com/p/laptop-...-adapter-23791
        http://www.dealextreme.com/p/4-ports...notebook-52835

Free shipping, from Hong Kong, so it should get to you fast. And it's useful.
        Last edited by mariushm; 10-29-2011, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
          useful, till it burns out. those things suck. i would't use them in a laptop i cared about.

plus, DX knowingly sells counterfeit caps, so I personally boycott them.
          sigpic

Comment

The 5$ compact flash to pcmcia is a passive device, nothing burnable inside - so if you don't use it, it's just like a basic plastic cover.

I can understand the boycott but take the items above as suggestions and hit the ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
              The 5$ compact flash to pcmcia is a passive device, nothing burnable inside - so if you don't use it, it's just like a basic plastic cover.

I can understand the boycott but take the items above as suggestions and hit the ebay.
              What's a passive device? :S
              Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by stevo1210 View Post
                What's a passive device? :S
                that means a port-to port adapter, with no circuitry other than wires and 2 ports. CF and pcmcia use the same signaling.
                sigpic

Comment

Well I managed to find Toshiba R100 slot fillers. I have an R200 though. But looking at the images, they are exactly the same in size and shape... only difference is that one is black (R100) and the other is grey (R200). $18 will have to cut it. :S
                  Last edited by stevo1210; 10-30-2011, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo1210 View Post
                    Well I managed to find Toshiba R100 slot fillers. I have an R200 though. But looking at the images, they are exactly the same in size and shape... only difference is that one is black (R100) and the other is grey (R200). $18 will have to cut it. :S
                    $18 for a piece of plastic?

See above, you can add two USB ports or a CF slot for less than half the price.

Comment

Working...
                    X