Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 60PX950-AA Repair. Have test pattern.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PX950-AA Repair. Have test pattern.

Hi,

First post, so Hi All.

I've just bought an LG 60PX950-AA that needs repair, And hope to replace my TV it.

It powers on, Has sound.

When I jumper the test points on the (T-CON?) Board, I get my test patterns, Albeit after a few rounds i got a solid single pixel (dark) vertical line during red and blue not during white or any other test, and a single off colour pixel during red and blue. <hoping this will go away with fault or point to it.....

Not sure which board I am to blame, Is it more likely to be the tuner board? > remote works fine, volume up and down, and channels.

Or is it going to be something else???

In my industry, we fix a lot of lcds, psu, and crt.. but never Plasma... Really appreciate any help.

Cheers Guys!

Re: LG 60PX950-AA Repair. Have test pattern.

Posting pictures of the back of your tv showing the boards with clear pictures may help you more with fixing your problem

Comment

The trouble is with any vertical line on a plasma can be signs of a failing panel can you upload a picture of the screen showing the line?

Comment

Thanks,

I'm hoping its not the panel. I'll upload a photo this afternoon, It actually appeared while I was watching it cycle through the test patterns. Was perfect for the first 2 passes, then it appeared.

Comment

Sounds like panel to me, upload a picture please we will be able to tell instantly
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Comment

Sorry for the quality of the photos. new phones in the post!

As you can see, the line is there in blue and green only, white and red it is not apparent.

The other vertical lines - faint discoloured lines, are from the camera, they're not visable to the naked eye.
              Last edited by guitargeek89; 07-26-2016, 12:02 AM. Reason: photo quality.

Comment

anybody able to shed some light on this for me? should I go ahead and order parts to repair, or is panel likely unsalvageable

Comment

I'm thinking you have a panel fault and since you're looking at a mainboard replacement which I would expect to be expensive the question is if the line is still there can you live with it or Not? Will it continue to get worse?

Only ever had that once on a panasonic and depending on the scenes and colours it was sometimes not too noticeable. Generally it's the IC embedded on the tape package to the panel so not repairable.

Comment

Working...
                  X