k53sv weird bios issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k53sv weird bios issue

og guys , received this machine from another store , complaining computer not turning on ..
    i put in the bench and noticed , its turning on , flicks the screen on the on off moment but nothing else.
    first thing , cheked bios . found a big problem when reading it , someone tryed to make a update somehow (think on windows ) and found that the file insyde the ROM is for k53SJ so not compatible .

manwhile i found at 1bios a dump for the k53sv , but version 324 (something that not even exist on the asus site (maximum there is version320) even like this i reflashed the bios with this dump and ok , it works fine and let the machine go to windows . but when entering in windows , resolution is always at 640 and 16 colors ... noticed that both drivers were not instaled HD intel and NVIDIA (but even like this should be pretty bether the image) i isntaled both drivers , restarted but the same 640resolutio by 16 collors.
    now 2 things i think are possible this was the problem and or client or the store tryed to upgram bios to see if with would solve the problem or this dump is not the 100 correct for this machine .

so my question is .

i can deliver here 3 dumps for someone can help me out figuring something
    that would be ,

k53sv 324 version found 1bios.ru
    computer dump (with the wrong model bios but it have the EC rom in the beggining.
    and K53SV version 320 downloaded from asus but its 2600kb .

so resuming if someone know how to cut /repair bios ,. culd anyone insert the k53sv 320 version instead of the bad 324 version ? i think the EC part of the code of original computer bios is ok , only the mai part is not correct , if someone can update the correct part into the original dump would be very happy with it . if someone can help me out doing this , before i start attacking video chips etc.

1bios.ru bios zip if the dump found online the 324 version ,
    the outher zip its the version from asup + my dump frmo my computer.

thk in advance
    Attached Files
    Last edited by highpulse; 11-01-2014, 05:50 AM.

Re: k53sv weird bios issue

well its done , found here a 215 version , ad it works on computer then i run easyflash i instaled the 320 version , but this is for sure a grafic problem , still persist the 640 resolution + 16 colors
    will provide further infos later on

Comment

if u install gpu driver system goes to BSOD?

Comment

whatsoever i do , deinstall , dactivate , whatsoever the HD intel or NVDIA does always the same in safe more or normal mode

cannot change reslution and collors . barely almost imopssible to work .
        even tryed starting a new install , but the same happen once the first windows show up

Comment

btw never appeared any blue screen , simple i cannot change resolution , and colors as well

Comment

Hi
            Remember you can't use a bios dump from another intel machine it will have Me region problem like shutting down fan's might be racing ...so if it's a full update then no problem you will be sent to go but if it's a half update then you could merge with the original file and be set to go...BUT if the original file has a dirty me region you will have all sort's of problem and the only fix is a new clean full dump ..if not able to get one then use a dump from the exact machine and you need to rebuild the Me Region using a new clean me region from any company like acer ,toshiba, hp and using the same plate form and using the intel fit tool to rebuild it compare it with the original file then all you need to do after rebuilding it is to cut out the old ME and pasting the new in using a text edit program like HXD . So trying to locate where the old me region start is easy in text edit open original file and scroll down viewing the right side looking for Header $FTP compare it with the header of the new me region you just did and write down the size of it and high light the old at the starting point and the ending of the the new file delete it then go hi light the whole new me region copy it and past in the old original file make sure the size matches the old save changes like NEW_ME_.BIN done ....remember once a computer boots it married to that laptop or computer and if use in anther machine you will have to rebuild again with the intel fet tool tool starting at version 5,6,7,8,9 so if your chipset is a HM55 you use that tool intel fit 5 all amd model have no me region only Intel models so no need for dirty Me region on a AMD plate form ...if you use the original file and merge it with the update and as long as the original file has clean me region you will be set to go...on apple computers you can't decrypt and update so you could use and other dump and rebuild the me region and be set to go REMEMBER once that computer is booting it marries the computer so when you make a clean dump save it as clean and you could always use it has so . HOPE THIS HELPS PS IF YOU NEED ME ...ps if you need me to fix your file shoot me a message
            Techman1025
            Last edited by techman1025; 11-01-2014, 08:26 AM.

Comment

well Robert for sure i will need your help with the bios issue , you're to advanced in this area to follow you , maybe after some good training i can follow you but in this moment , im not capable .
              so if you can help , shot me a mssage and we speak , let me know wich files , you need .
              thk ina dvance

btw , computer keep doing same thing only in windows , image is 640 pixel resolution , 16 colors , and i cannot change does values .
              HELP

Comment

try linux(ubuntu)
                if it works then its the driver problem
                Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

dj ricoh , it happens also , when trying installing windows wehen you choose if you want 32 or 64 bits install , so it cannot be drivers problems ... must be something with bios or any one of the chipst (gpu or HM )

Comment

with linux?

Comment

also , not sending nothig to external screen , well lost my ubuntu cd , must donwlaoded and records another one ... but i don't really think its a windows thing .. even when disabling video card , one or another it should at least let me change resolution or colors , something thats is not been allowed

Comment

Hi
                        Just upload original i will fix it for you .
                        Techman1025

Comment

i there techman , chek above , my first post, there is the DUMP K53SVAS320.rar (2.70 MB, 0 view

there is a folder with 2 files dump.bin was the bios bin that was in the ROM .. the outher file is the 320 version found at asus site for k53SV -

alltough i remember you that the main part of the bios is not correct since someone try (in the outher store or client) to flash with k53SJ and obviously machine wouldn't give image or somethimes not boot at all . so do your miracles to fix the ME region and put the latest version that is on the site .

Let see if it fixes something.

Comment

meanwhile still strugling with many test , just want to try a clean bios before going further with reworks on GPU

Comment

omg stop it and dl ubuntu >.<

Comment

its downloading mate its donwloading

Comment

let me tell you my story with my new video card.
                                  got my self a gtx 970 4gb mem

do you understand that i could not install the video card?

and after 1 hour i was planning to tell the seller from ebay you $%£$%£@$R you gave me a broken video card. i remember f k me its got a CD ...
                                  ofc even with the cd it barely install it.
                                  its ok its working fine flowers and farting rainbows but its the same deal with that video card.

i got a big 18.4 sony vaio notebook its the same crap i manage to find the driver after half a hour.

again install ubuntu and see if its detecting on Console

Comment

recorded on cd , booting up now

Comment

well ubuntu seems fine .alltough gave a I/= error with a few weird lines on screen (like grafical issues) but , i pressed enter and let me chek , image is more stable now , let me see truelly insyde ubuntu is still finishing booting

Comment

well meanwhile booting , when it appear soe warning and stuff to carry on , i notice some flickers and lines , but after passing it , all seems fine . im on ubuntu live version running on CD . image seems stable .. but altough i cannot chek for the hardware controlers.
                                        weird very weir

no external altough
                                        Last edited by highpulse; 11-01-2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X