SHARP lc-52le700un that has an occasional white screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHARP lc-52le700un that has an occasional white screen

I got this TV for free and I was told that it had this problem, but when I got it, it seemed to work fine. So I let my roommate put my TV in her room, and wouldn't you know it, the very next day the TV starts acting up.
    Anyways the problem is the screen is bright white with a faint ghosting of the images. Any ideas?

Re: SHARP lc-52le700un that has an occasional white screen

What I've managed to decipher from the SHARP sm is that it seems to be the lcd control unit. I'd post pictures, but the TV hasn't done it again

Comment

could be a tcon problem, try reseating the tcon cable, just be careful not to break anything.

Comment

One crucial bit of information I forgot to add is that the previous owner said the TV started having this problem after being shipped across the Pacific (from Guam to the NW of the USA). So it was likely caused from being jostled around during shipping.
        Also, after leaving it on for 6-7 hours yesterday, when I turned it on this morning, it was a white screen for about 10 sec, and then began working normally.

Comment

Before I tear into this thing, is there any suggestions of things I need to be mindful of? I've only taken apart LCD & plasma sets, and I'd really hate to mess this up.

Comment

Be careful when you remove the back
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kilroys View Post
              Be careful when you remove the back
              Thanks for tip. That's certainly not something I would've even paid attention to.

Comment

Are these TVs that much more fragile than your standard LCD or plasma?
                Last edited by pk7tanner; 01-11-2015, 06:55 PM.

Comment

I've realized that if I switch to my computer's HDMI input (with the computer at the log in screen), then turn the TV off and wait a few seconds, that it seems to work fine when I turn it back on. I don't know why, but if that is any clue as to the problem, I thought I'd add that as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X