Is Jamicon a good brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Jamicon a good brand?

One simple question: to be compared with Rubycon, Panasonic etc., is Jamicon a good brand? In terms of reliability and stress mainly, not the lifespan. Feel free to add some hints.
    Mobo: MSI K8N Master2-FAR CPU: 2x Opteron 265 OC'd @ 2,25GHz RAM: 2x2GB Crucial DDR400 CL3 ECC/Buff. (ECC OFF), VGA: ASUS HD6950 2GB Reference edition FLASHED TO HD6970 HDD: 80GB ATA133 Seagate ,OnBoard: 2xGLAN, 8-Ch. Realtek audio, USB2.0/Firewire, PCIe Physx card PSU: 850W Corsair AX Case: Cooler Master HAF932 + NZXT 5 Fan Controller.

Re: Is Jamicon a good brand?

Compared to rubycon, panasonic, no. Compared to Fujiyuu, Sacon/GSC/etc..., they are not that bad. I've never seen them used in motherboards, have seen them used in a lot of power supplies especially bestec. They seem to be about like teapo, maybe a bit worse. Do good in power supplies, but expect failures in a power supply that is 2-3 years old or so.

If good caps are available to you, don't bother with them.

Comment

hell no. jamicon sucks. between teapo and ost in my opinion. DO NOT RECAP WITH JAMICON! thats why god made rubycon, panasonic, sanyo, nichicon (2006 and later), chimicon, and samxon.
      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Thanks guys, we may consider this thread closed. My experiences so far are with sanyo and I think samxon ones, sanyo perfrom much better over samxon on the VP6, need to check all of them and share my findings with you.
        Mobo: MSI K8N Master2-FAR CPU: 2x Opteron 265 OC'd @ 2,25GHz RAM: 2x2GB Crucial DDR400 CL3 ECC/Buff. (ECC OFF), VGA: ASUS HD6950 2GB Reference edition FLASHED TO HD6970 HDD: 80GB ATA133 Seagate ,OnBoard: 2xGLAN, 8-Ch. Realtek audio, USB2.0/Firewire, PCIe Physx card PSU: 850W Corsair AX Case: Cooler Master HAF932 + NZXT 5 Fan Controller.

Comment

both samxon and sanyo are fine, both work equally well if specs are identical.
          sigpic

Comment

Yes I suppose there is not a huge difference within all these brands, but I guess there might be a slight one that would really be of help to my stability mini-issues. Of course it may be something else..again, need more time to do the research...as for the availability of other brands of caps here in Slovakia, it quite suxx, so I guess Ebay is my friend...

Comment

no it is not. BEWARE of fakes! you see them all the time. there are reputable distributors in europe. i don't know any off the top of my head but i know they exist.
              sigpic

Comment

hello again...are these good? I mean the series : http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Rubycon-MBZ-6-...item3ca69e7a15

Comment

MBZ are good series, ultra low ESR for motherboards, a little too low ESR for things like power supplies, but I don't know about telling fakes from non-fakes. Ebay is full of fakes.

What country are you from? I believe mouser has a european branch. Topcat (owner of this site) will also ship internationally. A little more costly though.
                  Last edited by 370forlife; 12-23-2009, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Slovakia. Yes, it might be a fake, but it is worth trying I guess...Of course I am awaiting any offers for these specific ones if it is possible, really need that 3300uF capacitance, VP6 really likes it. Of course ultra low ESR is very welcome.

Comment

yes the 3300 will do fine on vrm input and output.
                      but the best overclocker i have had was the one i posted a link to.the poly mod.
                      https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=76
                      https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=79
                      https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=78
                      use the picture in the poly mod as a guide.

Comment

I hope I can pay via paypal, otherwise it would be a problem...anyways, G-luxon ? have never seen them before, got it on some cheapo mercury board. I can sense evil from it

Comment

yup, gluxon can burn in hell.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shodan486
                            I hope I can pay via paypal, otherwise it would be a problem...anyways, G-luxon ? have never seen them before, got it on some cheapo mercury board. I can sense evil from it
                            Ratdude is right about G-LUXON. They are one of the worst brands of capacitor in the world. IIRC Topcat (badcaps.net owner) does accept payment through PayPal
                            I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

G-luxon is getting to be a rare brand for me to see. Last I saw them was in a cheap surround sound system. Almost all bulged and the system refused to start up.

Comment

topcat=papal
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X