Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TX-P50G10E Panel or dust?

Hey Guys ,

I can buy this tv really cheap but i need some advice.
    It will run fine for some time and then after a while this vertical line appears.

Is this a a connector that needs to be reseated? For example , that it expands deu to tv/ribbon cable heating up? Or dust issue?

If its a panel failure , it would be visible from the beginning right?

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Re: Panasonic TX-P50G10E Panel or dust?

Possible panel driver failure if thats the case its unfixable as they are bonded to the panel. Try re-seating sll the connectors for that section of the screen.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I dont have the TV yet , i can buy it but need some advice
      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I would say leave it tbh too much risk of it not being fixable.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Hmm ok , but if a IC fails it would be visible right away...right?

It could not be a connector thats not placed correctly in the socket? Or dust.

Comment

Depending how cheap the set is if it is not a badly seated ribbon cable etc maybe you could resell the boards as you know there working to get your money back and may even make a profit.

Comment

I can get it for 80$.

Im suspecting its a badly seated ribbon cable as the lines on the screen appear after a while.
              Its probably not seated correctly and because of the heat it expands and starts to display these lines.....

OR the ic is bad and it displays those lines because of heat?

Comment

Possibly the Ic, up to you as Vince says if it it the Ic and its unfixable you sell the boards.

Comment

is 80$ cheap for a set with this fault? im not sure what your prices are like over there would you make the money back if the set is unrepairable.

Comment

Hmm , Im taking your advices and im not going to buy the tv.

Its 75 euro which is like 60gbp.

Thanks guys

Comment

Thought about it and i bought the tv. Tv is working perfectly , it was just a badly seated ribbon cable and dust.

50" Panasonic viera tv with a Neo plasma screen for 60 gbp is not bad right?

Comment

Braver man than most. Well done. I would have walked on this one. What had me interested was not the vertical but the irregular horizontal jaggered lines off it.

So do you want to tell us which ribbon? I'm curious.

Comment

Well , 75 Euro for this tv is not much as all parts are working.

Im not sure which one it was. I removed all 4 heatsinks in the centre and cleaned the cables. I noticed that some screws were not tightened that good , reassembled all the parts and its working perfectly.
                          Maybe it happened when the owner removed the stand ?

I love panasonic plasma's!

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                            Well , 75 Euro for this tv is not much as all parts are working.

Im not sure which one it was. I removed all 4 heatsinks in the centre and cleaned the cables. I noticed that some screws were not tightened that good , reassembled all the parts and its working perfectly.
                            Maybe it happened when the owner removed the stand ?

I love panasonic plasma's!
                            Enjoy them while you can, finding a dud one to fix over here is near non existant.

Comment

Good one

Comment

Working...
                              X