Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA0AX1MB6H1 (HP G62-358CA) - Does not turn on & Adapter Led light off when plugged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DA0AX1MB6H1 (HP G62-358CA) - Does not turn on & Adapter Led light off when plugge

Hello, is resistance test in SMD capacitor conclusive? I'm getting 8 ohms in most.

Comment

Re: DA0AX1MB6H1 (HP G62-358CA) - Does not turn on & Adapter Led light off when plugge

Of course. Your measurement indicates a problem. The next problem is how to identify which component is shorted.

Comment

Sorry to bother you, but how can I solve this next problem? The lab power supply I ordered should be coming soon next week, in the meantime I want to do the remaining tests possible. Thank you again.

Comment

the power supply you ordered will be very helpful in solving the next problem. You can spot the damaged component within a few minutes.

But if you wish to do it the hard way, you need to trace all components connected to +PWRSRC (19v) and check them one by one until you found the damaged component. Sometimes corrosion on the motherboard or physical component damage will reveal the location of culprit. This manual process will take you many hours or even days. Just be patient.

Comment

Thank you very much once again, will report back when I get results.

Comment

Originally posted by whaldsz View Post
              You will know that the ec bios chip/sio chip is working if you get 3.3v at rsmrst#. If you dont have, flashing the bios is one of the possible solution. To do this, you need a spi programmer.
              I get 0v at pin 95 of U4 which should be rsmrst# even after pressing power button it still 0v at rmsrst# and S5_on. I don't really know about these programmers so can you recommend any for as it is my first time.

Comment

Originally posted by orientalsniper View Post
                Sorry to bother you, but how can I solve this next problem? The lab power supply I ordered should be coming soon next week, in the meantime I want to do the remaining tests possible. Thank you again.
                First take off the processor and check for resistance again. focus more attention on these mosfets around PL9 and PL10, (PQ37, 38, 41 and 42) Notice if any of them reads 0hms

Comment

Originally posted by bluestone View Post
                  I get 0v at pin 95 of U4 which should be rsmrst# even after pressing power button it still 0v at rmsrst# and S5_on. I don't really know about these programmers so can you recommend any for as it is my first time.
                  What do you get at ac_in#?

About programmer, this one works for me - http://www.sofi-tech.com/en/product_view.asp?id=13

Comment

So, I get 0 in Diode Test in NIKOS P2003BVG which is PQ54 (close to PL5) and it doesn't appear in the schematic someone earlier uploaded.

I'm going to look for an equivalent replacement.
                    Last edited by orientalsniper; 01-22-2014, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Can I replace it with this ?

Comment

So I swapped it anyways, but with the mosfet soldered doing Diode Test, I'm getting 0 too.

Comment

Quanta AX1 schematics:
                          Attached Files

Comment

So I swapped it anyways, but with the mosfet soldered doing Diode Test, I'm getting 0 too.
                            Diode test on what pin?

Comment

These mosfets are normally 4 in number and it is only one of them would be shorted so check well.

Comment

Originally posted by khaahk View Post
                                Quanta AX1 schematics:
                                Thank you, I think this is the right one.

Originally posted by bluestone View Post
                                These mosfets are normally 4 in number and it is only one of them would be shorted so check well.
                                Originally posted by whaldsz View Post
                                Diode test on what pin?
                                I do Diode Test on pins 2-3 with 6-7. I followed the instructions from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOGAhaVH06I

Comment

Alright, I just got the DC Controlled Power Supply, I had been testing it with random capacitors and with crayon all over to see which one gets hot, am I doing it right?

Comment

Hello all, to summarize what happened, using the right schematic in post #32 :

1) Another mosfet Nikos P2003BVG (PQ67) failed the diode test. So I replaced it with another FDS8884.

2) While unplugged from power, I was testing resistance in capacitors in the photo attached, they were shorted once and they went back to normal after re-testing, part of the reason I can't read any V in the battery terminals.

3) Can someone explain to me how can I trigger the amber/white LED light in the DC Jack? (Check attachment for part in the schematic)

4) With my DC Power supply I connected it to PC58 at 1A-6V, PC176 was getting extremely hot, but I took it out and it wasn't shorted out of circuit.

Also, where is the initial 19V +PWRSRC?
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by orientalsniper; 01-24-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Hello all, to summarize what happened, using the right schematic in post #32 :

1) Another mosfet Nikos P2003BVG (PQ67) failed the diode test. So I replaced it with another FDS8884.

2) While unplugged from power, I was testing resistance in capacitors in the photo attached, they were shorted once and they went back to normal after re-testing, part of the reason I can't read any V in the battery terminals.

3) Can someone explain to me how can I trigger the amber/white LED light in the DC Jack? (Check attachment for part in the schematic)

4) With my DC Power supply I connected it to PC58 at 1A-6V, PC176 was getting extremely hot, but I took it out and it wasn't shorted out of circuit.

Also, where is the initial 19V +PWRSRC?
                                      See page 39 for +PWRSRC.

Comment

Hello whaldsz, I do see it in the schematic, I meant in the motherboard itself; or can I connect the power supply to "PC204", "PR228" or "PQ55"?

Comment

Yes you can.

Comment

Working...
                                          X