Hp 1502

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hp 1502

i'll give it another try tonight as I got stuck in the last bit as there was like a chip connected to the last frame and the screen.

I'll try again tonight. I do have a faulty laptop which I can remove the bulbs from.

Comment

you may not need to remove the bulbs we can try an talk you through just using the whole panel- laptop bulbs are quite fragile.
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

ok.. i have managed to remove the bulbs successfully. now what next?

Comment

Bulbs from the laptop?

Is the plug the same as on the monitor - if so just substitute it.

Is the plug the same as on on the other monitors?
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

So, I have managed to dismantle the bulbs from this monitor and I also dismantled the bulbs from a dell monitor.

The thing is that Dell use a different socket plug and it is a double bulb. Do I need to cut the wire and solder it to the HP's Plug or do they have some sort of holder?

Comment

Can you post pictures of the ends of the bulbs in the respective
              Threads - Just in case we cant see are the ends blackened or the wiring
              burnt

EDIT post pics of the plugs as well

Comment

yes the ends are blackened. photos are coming

Comment

unfortunately i cant provide a picture of the hp bulbs as they are reflecting but attached please find a picture of the dell bulbs, dell sockets ( dual sockets ), hp socket (a big one)
                  Attached Files

Comment

I dont suppose you would be lucky enough to be able to get the metal pieces to com out of the plugs ( To save cutting the wires)

Comment

the holder of the bulbs are rubbery.... can those come out of that as I'm afraid to break it?

Comment

No dont try to get the Bulbs off the wires.

On the other ends can you get the metal pins to come out of the plugs?
                        I have just tried with an lg monitor and if you look at the end of the plugs
                        There MAY be two holes if you insert in a needle into the hole without the pin
                        and pull on the wire it MAY come out. Mine did

Comment

i had to cut the wires in order to work but anyways... so i had connected this bulb with the board and when powered it up the bulb turned on.

So now my question is, how can i fit this bulb into this monitor as it is different ( i.e. 2 bulbs going into one holder and I do need them to be separate and go into my holder.

Comment

Ok I dont know if they will separate - would be good if they did then you would still have a test bulb - If they both fit in the space where the one came out then perhaps try it like that for now until you see if you actually get a picture on the monitor.
                            Then if you dont it can still go back to where you got it from.

Comment

it can's fit as the Dell one has 2 bulbs as shown in the previous post, whereas the HP one's are single one's. i will try to take off the holder with the wires although i think that it is impossible.

Comment

Wish I could see what your doing - You are doing really well with the improvisation so far. Just checked your only 1 hour ahead - thought it would be at least 2 even though I visited Malta earlier in the year I forgot. We stayed in Sliema and travelled around on the public bus- it was great.
                                Im off to bed - busy day tomorrow.

Comment

I will try to do the experiment tonight and will let you know about it

Have you ever came to Bugibba? There is where I live. The public bus service is not too convenient though hehe.

In the meantime can you please help me with my other New monitor hehe?

Comment

Didnt get to Bugibba - went past the end of the road to it on the way to Gozo.
                                    Will look at the other post.

Comment

after replacing the bulbs with 2 good one's, the problem persisted

Comment

could it be a bad vga cable? if so it would be a problem as this is a fixed vga cable :S

Comment

well I have managed to fine a similar vga cable in an old crt. I have tried it in and now the backlight lights up, it shows going to sleep mode and the monitor's power led turns to amber.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                          X