Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought a new main board for this VIZIO SV422XVT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a new main board for this VIZIO SV422XVT...

I have had the problem with this TV where the Vizio logo flashes orange/white and the TV won't turn on. So I bought a new Main Board for it.
    I installed it but the TV still won't come on. The logo isn't flashing anymore. It just stays orange.
    Is there something I might be missing about this? Is there something I must reset or some procedure I should follow to installl the board correctly?
    Does it matter that I don't have a coaxial cable hooked up? Could be that the TV is 240Hz and so less common? All of the numbers on this new board are identical to the old one. With one exception.
    Old: 3642-0812-0150(8A)
    New: 3642-0812-0150(8C)
    Photo Old board attached.
    New board purchased: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vizio-TV-Mai...item417eeccf92
    I'll appreciate any suggestions.
    Attached Files

Re: I bought a new main board for this VIZIO SV422XVT...

sound like an bad main board, check all connection, and plug in the power cord again. all Vizio smart TVs I ran across does the orange and white flashing and then remain orange. Then turn white when the power button is press.

another bad main board most likely.

Comment

My general rule with these things is that if the symptoms / problem changes when you change a part (but doesnt fix it) chances are both new and old part are faulty! (i have had this a fair few times come to think of it...).

In this case, the fact that the symptom has changed but not fixed, i would suggest the new board is also toast

Comment

Ok, thank you. I started a return to the seller on Ebay. I'll ask them to exchange it for another new board and try again. If they agree I'll post back with new install results.

Comment

Working...
        X