DELL 2005FPWisplay goes black after 1 second

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DELL 2005FPWisplay goes black after 1 second

the tubes arent in the foto's - they are on the end of the wires that plug into the invertor!
    btw - you should not have stripped it that far - good luck getting it together without dust trapped in it!

Comment

i guess what im not understanding is that this part in the picture seems to me to be the only thing that can go wrong in an LCD screen since the rest of it is just some pieces of film and a plexi-glass. so whatever problem im having (white bar on the side, or turns off after 1 second) are related to these peices. so therefore, i have one thats cracked, one that turns off, and one that has a white bar on the left side, and i dont see how swapping these peices would do anything but transfer the problem with one LCD over to the other one?
      Don't fear the repair...

Comment

oh dang i see what u all mean by tubes now...jeez :/
        well in order to change the tubes i have to disassemble everything...these ones dont slide out all easy like...theyre screwed in and the screws are on the bottom under everything....
        Don't fear the repair...

Comment

2-3 small screws from the back are common,
          but once they are out, then it usually slides out.

Comment

leave that assembly together if it lit up and stayed on
            Just move the glass face from one of the other ones to this one

then try it on the boards that had the cracked lcd

I would start with the screen that had the white bar to practice, because you may have messed up the films

then if the films don't show a bunch of crap and smudges on an all white screen, then move the better one over.
            If you have a bunch of crap in the films, then you will have to move the films from the one that would not stay lit to this one and try to do that while keeping all the films against each other so you do not gets as much dust and finger prints on them
            Last edited by bammbammfran; 05-26-2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

yea...taking apart one of these screens sure is fun...putting em back together...not so much! and yeah i probly got the order of the films wrong, got fingerprints on everything..dust...bent the edges on some of the film... wonder what it will do now!
              Don't fear the repair...

Comment

yeah i wish i woulda waited before i jumped the gun on taking apart the cracked screen... oh well :/
                Don't fear the repair...

Comment

might i still get away with just moving the mirror glass from the one that turns off after a second to the one that has the white bar on the side?
                  Don't fear the repair...

Comment

read my last post
                    I was editing it while you threw these last 3 posts up
                    Last edited by bammbammfran; 05-26-2014, 08:43 AM.

Comment

thanks for the tips. its a bit late to do all that tonight but i will try my best tomorrow to cobble together a working LCD screen from the 3 that i have being much more careful this time of course
                      Don't fear the repair...

Comment

i swapped the glass from the one that was turning off, with the one that was displaying a bar, and i guess i wasnt gentle enough because now i got a corrupted display with lines coming down and i cant see any picture at all.
                        great! and the one that was displaying a bar... the logic board got seperated from the mirror glass when i was moving it. the glue holding those tabs came loose? im guessing theres no way to repair that...?
                        Attached Files
                        Don't fear the repair...

Comment

what are the odds on finding another random monitor with the same LVDS connector that will work with these guts? i got 3 working guts here n no LCDs!
                          Don't fear the repair...

Comment

these bulbs are pretty sweet... they run on 24v but could i run them half as bright at 12v?
                            Don't fear the repair...

Comment

no,
                              they are current regulated.
                              it will either run or not-run but the brightness should be constant.
                              so try it - it may run down to 12v.

just watch your fingers,
                              the output to the tubes is high.
                              about 650v at around 60Khz

Comment

btw, the lvds is standard usually.
                                you may have problems if the panel yuo use has a different resolution, but the connector is pretty standard.

Comment

The connector may be standard but the pin out may or may not be, you need to look up the LCD panel spec to verify.
                                  Never stop learning
                                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

wait..the tubes i was playing around with have 650v in them and could kill me? but i thought they are only getting 24v?? please explain a little more on that before i do something stupid!
                                    Don't fear the repair...

Comment

I do not know here you got the 24 from ?
                                      These do run high voltage, but there is not enough amperage to kill you.
                                      It will give you a good jolt and I did get a small burn from one transformer once.
                                      Also had a main capacitor cook a small spot on a finger once.
                                      the one heatsink on some boards could also give you a jolt if the unit is plugged in to the ac and even if it is not running.

Comment

the function of the invertor is to convert the 24v upto about 650v

what's the big deal, a crt uses between 16,000 - 25,000v
                                        nobody makes a big deal out of those.
                                        and they will put you across the room if you touch the wrong thing!

Comment

yeah i have no desire to work on CRT's for that very reason. im only into this now because its somewhat safe finally to fix tvs
                                          Don't fear the repair...

Comment

Working...
                                          X