X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everybody,
    This is Stratos from Greece. I'm an engineer who is having fun fixing all kinds of things (or utterly destroy them ��). I found the forum through a TV fix youtube video as I am more and more interested into electronics these months. I consider myself a noob at component level repairs, but I believe I learn fast...with the help of friends ����
    Cu later

Comment

Hi,

Harold from Cincinnati, Ohio. Happy 2017!!!

Comment

Hello everyone! I am from Houston, TX and I have a PN59D7000 Plasma tv I am trying to save from the trash! This forum has some of the most indepth plasma repair information ive been able to find. Look forward to seeing where I can get.

Comment

Stopping in to say hello from Birmingham Alabama!

Comment

From Somerset in the UK, I have a plasma TV I am trying to save from the tip and hope I can get some help here. It is a PS50B451B2WXXU.

Comment

Hello, from Newberg, Oregon, in the US.

A Polaroid 55" 4k TV that was having backlight issues led me here. I ended up sorting out the backlight issues which ended up being cold solder joints in the back light strips, but cracked the screen during reassembly when tired. Align the glass when tightening the bezel or else!

Comment

Hi, I'm Romulo from Sao Paulo, Brazil

Comment

Hi Guys: I'm Franklin, electronic technician in sunny south Florida. Tomorrow I will be looking for some help to fix my 42" LG Plasma. It's been nice for four years. Hope to save it from the landfill.

Comment

Hello, I am an Electronic technician and Apple device repairer.
                    Hobbies are Computer programming (starting with C64 assembler and machine code), radio control, hardware hacking, guitars, solar power, cars, recycling and furbishing anything and everything that need it and about 50 other things.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm Daniel. Plenty of experience with IT but only just getting into component level stuff. Here to ask for some help with my laptop!

Comment

Hi guys. I've got experience in IT but nothing at the component level but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty and try out new things. Unfortunately, one of our TVs is playing up and I have yet to touch TVs so I'm hoping to get some assistance!

Comment

Hello
                          I'm Per-Erik and I'm running my own company dealing with micro electronic packaging. Yup, down on the chip. Wirebonding and so on. This seems to b a nice community!

Comment

New member, just joined. I have visited you sight many times while searching the web for various fixes. Recently a member (don't know who), contacted me on another sight and informed me about a fix posted on your sight, but you had to be a member to view the fix. I was able to fix outside your forum, but thought I would join anyways. I did not know non members were prevented from viewing all info.

About me, no formal electronics training, I am a marine biologist and artist. I have a strong desire to fix things and I like problem solving. I have been able to fix most projects I tackle: automotive repair, home appliances, boat repair, roof repair, cameras, etc. Five years ago I fixed my first LCD TV. Since then I have been repairing computers, laptops, TV's and monitors. I spend a bit of time installing and customizing Windows O.S. for people. Most knowledge is 'learn as you go'. As a scientist, I experiment a lot.

Comment

Hi All! Yep, new member. I'm always tinkering with something and just found this site. Seems like this is going to be a very helpful place to be! From posts I've read already, there are some very knowledgeable and extremely helpful people here.

Comment

Hello! This site is very useful.

Comment

My name is Jonathan Narwold, and I just obtained a TV with some power-on issues that I hope to resolve on my own. I've been doing PC repair for quite a few years, but this will be my first attempt at a TV. Nice to meet y'all!

Comment

My name is Matt and I'm new to electronics. I'm here to learn as much as I can I'm trying to fix my tv and I hope I can find the answer here

Comment

Well my first computer was a commodore VIC-20 with a 5 Mb memory card, and a tape drive for storage. Man I had so many cassettes laying around the house my mom had a fit about it. And all the computer magazines with code for games you could think of... But now I'm kind of a recluse of sorts and I enjoy playing with operating systems besides windows on my HP Envy TS 17 laptop. So far I've settled on Linux lite version 3.2. Other than that I live in Englewood CO with my 2 cats, their names are Thunder and my other one is named Bonkers, cause she is bat shit crazy!!! Anyway I love to fix things for people so that they get the most enjoyment out of those things that are so expensive to replace than to repair..

Thanks for having me on this site and I will try to make the most out of my membership here...

Comment

Hello everyone - I've had some programming experience as far back as TRX-80, C64, AppleIIs, etc. My first modem was a 300bps Hayes and I recall feeling like I'd been to heaven when I upgraded to a SMART 14.4. Electronics and computers are now more of a hobby for me and it's very rare that something 'beats' me these days (aside from a pesky RF 10p TX chip that seemed to take forever to figure out as my meter with logicf was on tour). Anyway, I've built up a fairly lousy and yet decent bench and usually help friends, salvage tvs, pcs, stereos, etc. Of the 10 sets I've worked on over the last year I've had 2 stump me and only one beat me (haven't given up yet however).

Thanks for carving out this little hole in the wall - looks like a wide array of knowledge and experience (maybe in my case a little luck here and there).

Comment

Hello, I'm Bee. To quote user petabyte, "I'm a fairly secretive person in terms of privacy on the net. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn."

I am in the computer field.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                          X