X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Name Alan
    Electrical Electronics Mechanical Technician Engineer retired after 40 years hands on work in the British National Health service in the rural county of lincolnshire.
    Since retirement I have used my interest in electronics as a means of keeping my mind as sharp as I can, studying the use and programming of microcontrollers as a primary task. Electronics repairs for my family and friends maintains a feeling of usefulness that I value highly.
    My introduction to computers came when as an assistant hospital engineer I was asked to build a digital data conversion box to convert the DTL output from a blood analyser to the TTL imput of a eight bit mini computer of the day. It had 10K of RAM consisting of individual bits of volatile memory hand wired onto a 19 X 19 inch PCB utilising tiny ferite rings. I also had to build all the interupt circuit onto another of these PCB's. You booted it using eight switches on the front panel to make it smart enough to read the paper tape reader connected to a teletype printer. I guess I am showing my age now
    and it has been a truly memorable experience to ride the technological wave over a wide front from then to now.

Comment

Hello!
      I am Jaakko and one of my hobbies is electronics.
      I am repairing electronics devices.
      At moment I am trying to repair Philips digital TV model philips 37pfl5405h/12
      I which I can find some help from this Forum if I l have problems.

Comment

Hi to everybody,
        My name is Fran and I need some help to repair a LG plasma 42pt353.
        When i connect it the red light turn on (standby) but when i switch on to work , the red light switch off for a couple of seconds, and then back to standby.
        All help will be wellcome. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Comment

hello im new to the forums..

Comment

Hi Ya'all, I just bought a nad amp from ebay and depending on if it even works when i get it i may recap it just for the experience. It would be my first foray into audio repair. I'll be reading many threads should i decide to try.

-dork

Comment

Hi

My name is Peter, I'm from Poland
              I'm trying to repair some laptops or it is better word to make them revive

ps. sorry if my english is bad, I'm a bit rusty in using this language.

Comment

Hello All!
                I'm working on repairing a TV for a friend.
                The contributors to this site were a tremendous help when I repaired mine.
                Thanks.

Comment

Currently going to school for electrical technician. I've used this site for help in the past but never signed up.

Comment

Hoping to get some help with a tv I don't know much about

Comment

Hello

Comment

Magnus here in Toronto.

Evil genius bent on world domination (if the wife lets me )

Comment

Hello,

I am repairing old electronics, mostly audio equipments, as hoppy. Bad capacitors are often the basic source or reason of the non-functioning unit. Reading experiences of experts or more advanced amateurs will give new ideas - sharing experiences is the way to go to better solutions.
                          A Happy New Year 2017!
                          Frank

Comment

Hello everyone!

I work in a small computer repair shop. Worked with pc's for about 18 years. And for the past 3 years computers are my job. Hope I can be of help and be helped in return. And thank you for having me

Comment

Hi everyone. I putz around trying to fix things myself. I'm good at fixing computers. I have average soldering skills and I own a digital voltmeter so I am dangerous. LOL

Comment

Hi All. I work for a small electronics firm in the UK and have a couple of years experience of diagnosing electronic faults and replacing surface mount components. I like to dabble in electronics as a hobby as well, so I'm trying to broaden my electronics knowledge. Hopefully this is the place to be!

Comment

Hi There,

I on computer science field working as a software engineer, nevertheless electronics has been an very old hobby of mine... I've fixed my Samsung TV a few times always around the power supply unit, but this time the problem is different so after some google I've came across with badcaps.net

Hope to learn and contribute back to the community.

Comment

Hello
                                    I am very confused... Not sure where to do the introduction post hehe. Hopefully im posting in the correct place. I am Mike and from South Africa. new to electronics and learned how to change caps through this awesome website..
                                    Will be asking many questions... VERY excited!!!

Comment

Hello All. I hope everyone has had a great Christmas.

I went to college for pc repair and electronics. I repair photocopiers for a living.

Overall I like trying to fix "broken" things. Especially when I acquire them for free.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Everyone.
                                        Thanks for allowing me to join.
                                        Currently going through a run of appliance failures, and enjoy repairing them,

Comment

Hi, I enjoy fixing many things like cars, refrigerators, AC outdoor units, computers and just about anything that needs attention around the house. Latest project is a Samsung TV that only clicks when turning on. Looking to post more info on this project soon.

Comment

Working...
                                          X