X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everybody,

I am an elctronics and firmware engineer from UK. Came in here to find some ideas to fix my Dell monitor.

Cheers

Comment

Hi.topelove is the name and I'll like to know how to read and repair boards like a pro.Ll tutorials will be appreciated.thanks .im from Nigeria .

Comment

Hello. Came here to learn more about diagnosing bad caps..

Comment

Hi all, I am Alexander and I live in Venezuela. computer technician I am and I like fixing things. I came to this site because I like to learn everything I can to repair something. So, my warmest greetings to all members of this forum.

Comment

Hi everyone, Paul here from North Carolina. Electrical Engineering by degree, but years ago, I got into marketing and then sales to make more money. As I fix everything that breaks at home, I figured that I would try to fix an old Dell 20" monitor (2007FPB) that stopped working. I found this forum and have read a ton. I suspected bad caps on the power supply board, but they all look fine. I couldn't find a service manual, so shortly, I will get into trying to test the voltages. I'm really glad I found you guys. Lots of great responses. Thanks.

Comment

Hi everyone, Im Karl from ballarat, victoria australia. fairly wide background in electronics and computers, involved since the 70s as a hobbyist, ham operator, technician and experimenter. did a lot of work on commodores, apples, ibms and dabble a bit with arduinos and pi systems.
              currently building a couple of flight simulators, a cnc machine, 3d printer and a number of robots and drones.
              love programming and hacking in the original sense of the word.
              cheers

Comment

Hi all.
                Found this mine of information while searching for help on a horrendous Toshiba 24D1434. I'm located in Southern England and a retired guy whose entire life has (barring a while as a rock drummer) revolved around the electronics industry.
                Nice to be in the group.

Comment

Hi I am new

Comment

erererer

Comment

Hi everyone

I am Vitaliy and I have been messing with electronics since 12 years old as a hobby. Occasional fire lights up the everyday life

Comment

Hello All,
                        I am a do-it-yourself kind of guy. My current project is a P50hdtv10a that has been about to go out for years. Now that it's gone I am going to try and revive it

Comment

Hi everyone. My hobby is repair electronic gadgets.

Comment

New Member; old dog seeking new tricks

Greetings! I started soldering and desoldering stuff nearly 50 years ago, and somehow only recently got back into electronic stuff.

I quickly realized two things:

1) I've never done any surface mount soldering so I don't have those skills, and

2) My new temperature-controlled pencil iron works great for small jobs but doesn't put out enough heat to melt non-lead-solder enough to desolder through-hole capacitors.

2a) My ancient Radio Shack solder-sucker iron (has a rubber bulb and a metal tip) doesn't work so great on non-lead-solder either.

The good news is once I get the right iron I have a broken cheapo TV that I can practice on. (I gave up on the failed main board and ordered a kit to convert it to a computer monitor. I'm hoping it will be better as a monitor than it was as a TV.)

I hope nobody minds that I haven't read through the previous posts in this thread...

Comment

hello everyboby am iwork very happy to be here

Comment

Hello...

Always seem to have various things to fix!

Comment

Hello , so TopCat is the main guy here ? In Real Everyday lifethey call me the LION . Guess I'm in the right place ... thanks.

Comment

Hi there. I work (well sort of) with Koyaanisqatsiuk (him de big boss man) We've both been in the industry since Noah was a lad and I was falling off my dinosaur.
                                    Koy reckoned I should give the foraum aview and it looks like it will be reeeealy useful along the line.

Comment

Hello to all,

I am glad to be here, I like forums like these...

Comment

Hello all

Comment

My first PC was a ZX Spectrum and i have five of them. It was good PC for these years and
                                          i have spend many times for this and i have make a modification and i put on ZX Spectrum a big keyboard.i have repear some of them with the inner negative supply ,memmories and other faults.Now i buy scrap laptops and i repear them.So that's it Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X