X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Guys!

I'm from the Philippines. I'm a hobbyist and likes to tinker around. My Samsung TV would not turn on and so i started browsing around. Found your forum and got me really curious. My problem is my TV is just on standby and would not turn on. Hope i can get the help here. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Guys!

My Name PantasRegar from Indonesia. I'm owner Alice Computer that provide Sale Service Computer & Laptop. I want to improve my hardware knowladge, so i can add value for my bussiness & Ctmrs. Thanks

Comment

LP-2407 "so signal" psh....

Comment

Hi Everyone,
          I got my electronics training back in the early 70's. Worked on computers and other large electronic equipment for 20 years. Then I moved over to the software side for the next 19. I occasionally tinker around with electronics and repair stuff. I'm trying to repair my LCD TV and am making no progress. Found this site while searching the net.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Im Alex Burns from Wigan, nice to meet you all x

Comment

Hello guys, my quest for repair solutions led me here.. and kept me reading posts here so i decided to join to this interesting forum site. Once again..hello. from the philippines.

Comment

Hello, my name is Wayne and I am a IT hobbiest in Bedford NS Canada.

Comment

Hi All!

My name is Duayn, and I am from Detroit, MI USA.

Comment

Hi All,

I'm Eric and started off repairing PC stuff up till the smallest SMD in 88. Now kids broke my laptop en found this site googling.

Comment

Howdy all
                      My story is that I've been a working tech, virtually all my life. Got started in the early 70's while in the U.S.Navy working on communication and navigation equipment for aircraft. Mostly land based, but I did complete one cruise aboard the USS Hancock (CVA19) in 1975.
                      Since then it's been medical instruments and consumer electronics, mostly TV. I've owned and operated a retail/service store since 1984. I prefer to do component level repairs whenever I can.

DanR

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up.. [/QUOTE]

Comment

Hello Everyone. My handle is Silex. I started with computers at an early age. My first computer was a Commodore Vic 20 with a cassette tape data drive. It took like 10 mins. to load or save a file. I also was a born tinkerer and started tearing things apart to see how they worked as soon as i could hold a screwdriver. I went on to get a degree in electronics engineering then spent 5 years in printed circuit manufacturing followed by 8 years in Field service and another 5 years in pcb mfg. Greetings to all.....

Comment

Hi everyone! I like this forum has lots of useful info. I have already learned a lot from it! I am by every means a repair person hack as I would call it. I have fixed many Items with much success although now a days many are simply not worth the investment without knowing that it will not break down in some other fashion. My sister's TV turned out to be Caps and thats a simple fix for me but the Tv i am working on at the moment is the 50PA5500 and has as stated by some threads a bad y-sustain and bad y-buffers. The person I'm helping really doesn't want to invest the money to fix so she will probably try and sell it for a few hundred. I told her that I had seen others go for that. The good parts alone she could sell for more. Wish I could have helped her. I'm trying to get the led error codes from LG but they probably wont divulge them. Basically so I can confirm what I have already deduced. If anyone needs any help with a project please don't be shy and let me know. I am always glad to led a hand! I also know a little Http, C++ programming, Assembly, used to know COBAL, PASCAL, BASIC so I'm sure I could help there if need be. My mind would have to reboot on those. Also as of late I've been dabbling with Arduino. Also working on fixing a log splitter which I think the Cap is bad keeps blowing the outlet though. So maybe I will start a thread on that when I get a chance to write more!

Comment

I'm an old soldier who likes to repair things. I found your site searching google for troubleshooting help.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge, it's greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hullo everyone,

I'm from the UK, Yorkshire to be more specific.
                              I've been a home tinkerer with computers since my first ZX Spectrum, great at taking things apart but not always so good at putting them back together. No formal training in anything except reprographics, I just like to try and fix things that break.

found the site whilst researching a fix for my trusty Samsung 930BF which recently died, hoping to get her back on her feet with a bit of help from you guys (or send her to landfill if beyond reasonable cost (or my limited ability/knowledge) to save).

Comment

Hi all,

I'm from Virginia and I like to try and fix most of my own stuff.

Comment

Hello,

Found the site through google and working to get a service request in.

Thanks

Comment

I am a recent Electrical Engineer graduate of Missouri S&T, formally know as University of Missouri, Rolla. I came across this forum when looking to fix my Insignia ns-32lcd-07 power supply.

Comment

Evening!
                                      I'm underway of repairs of a 52" Samsung LCD where half the LCD flickers and displays vertical bars. I'm following This thread and so far you guys have been a HUGE help. I joined just to see attachments.
                                      I ended up reading the initial PM and am now posting here

I'm in my fourth semester studying Computer Engineering at PSU!

This is my first TV repair, hoping all goes well!

Comment

Hello everyone. I am trying to fix a Samsung TV and about to bug some folks cause I'm cheap and the TV is hardly worth fixing. Its become a challenge that is not going to beat me. I hope some one can help me out.

Comment

Hi from South Africa

Comment

Working...
                                          X