X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,

Just joined today because my LG TV has seemed to stopped working about 2 weeks ago...Hoping to get some suggestions on other things to try out. I don't want to throw away a TV if it's something I can fix!

Comment

Hi,

Been fixing TV's, Radios, Monitors, VCRs (Remember those) etc as a hobby for quite a while now.
      Scored a 46" Samsung HDTV when it was being thrown out because it would not turn on.
      A quick visit to Badcaps.net and $5 later and I've scored..

Currently have a few Samsung 2333 monitors I'm stuck on, so may revive that thread again.

Cheers, T

Comment

Re: New Member

Hi, I'm a 65 year old retiree (ha ha I live on a farm) I've been in and out of electronics since I was about 14, I helped my dad build a heathkit radio. I'm still learning about component level repair as I am currently leaning over an emerson 32" tv that died. No transformer in the power supply? Oh well moving right along.

Comment

Hello : )) hope I can find good people here who can share some helpful info.

Comment

Hello all thought this forum would be interesting i am a long time electronics hobbyist and ham radio operator and hope to learn some new things! i cannot remember if my first computer was the Ti99/4a or the sinclair Z-80

Comment

Hi,

New to the forum and stopping by to say hi ..

Comment

Hello,

I came across this forum hoping to get some help on my Panasonic plasma. It's a great set and it seems that with some help, I should be able to get this working again.

Comment

First computer was a compaq portable that weighed about 30 points and had 2x 5.25 floppy drives. Been hooked ever since.

Comment

Hi, everyone, new to forum

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi, I'm here to solve the blinking red LED issue on my samsung LED TV.
                        Electrical Engineering background in power electronics, automotive electronics, and embedded systems.
                        GB

Comment

Hello, I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brandon and I live in SoCal. My interest in electronics dates back to the early 90's. I've worked for a hand full of companies where we made our own components to build satellite telephones that fit in a suitcase. I've worked on a system called "Royonics" (stuffing boards), ran a large wave solder machine, built ventilators and respirators for hospitals and was part of a QC team. For the last 20 years I've been working in the HVAC industry as a service tech. I still have the electronics bug in me and still love to fix things, anything. Life would be boring if stuff didn't need to be fixed.

Comment

Hello everybody,im glad to join to a large comunity of people.thank you to add me.

Comment

Hello from Austria.

I am a Mechatronics technician, with good skills in Data Recovery and electronics repairs as well. Please apologize me if in the further post I prove my English not to be the best, is not my native language.
                              I wish all members a good day, hope I can provide help as well when will be need it.

Comment

Wow, 501 pages in this thread. That's a lot of bad caps and unlucky folks. Add me to the list. Came here looking for help with my Olevia 242 TV. I fixed a bunch of caps on it's power supply a few months ago but now I've got this crazy clicking/popping sound that comes through the audio for about 20 minutes after switch on. Fingers crossed someone else has solved that problem and posted on this board.

Comment

Hello all, joined in after finding out a whole lot of people with the same problem as mine. Although I'm not at an engineer-level of understanding, I love to try and fix my own electronic stuff ever since I was 10.

Comment

Hello all, thanks for letting me join this community. I am 39, married with 3 kids. Not to knowledgeable in the electronic area, so that's why i am here, to learn. I am a design engineer, i design weld fixtures and other meachines.

Comment

OK. I'm living in small country in Europe. I like Apple goods, but there is no apple service at all - only an Apple store, where they don't know how logic board looks like.
                                      First computer was Pentium 200MHZ MMX with 64GB Ram and woodoo banshee graphics. It was gooood.
                                      Now I use a self made iMac 5k (i mean made by original (maybe) parts)

Comment

Hi! I've found this forum whilst trying to work out what's wrong with my LG TV, and whether I can fix it for sensible amounts of money...

I'm a software developer by trade, but like to try my hand at stuff. my soldering skills suck IMO, but I've successfully brought various things back to life by replacing dodgy caps so I guess I'm not completely useless

Comment

Just registered I am a antique radio guy that works on anything. Looking for answers on LCD TV and other TVs

Comment

Working...
                                          X