This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I am new to the forum. I dont have much electrical background but i have extensive back ground in redneck engineering and beer budget fixes! I have a can do attitude that gets me in some trouble from time to time but pushes me to meet nice folks like your selves who would rather fix something rather than throw it away. I look forward to learning from you all.

Comment

Hello! Just trying to research a problem. Thanks!

Comment

Hello, I'm phil7793 hobbyists and love tech! I'm in the process of hacking oops modifying some lcd laptop screens for verious projects??!?! So want to be able to get the verious pinouts for the LVDS connections for the different screens I have. 2x eeepc 10" a dell 15" and a handful of innotech (??)7" screens.
        If any one can point me in the right direction for the schematics for the verious screens would be a massive help!!
        Thanks for adding and hope to have more interesting posts.
        Phil

Comment

Hi, I'm a computer system engineer working mainly with software these days. I have a dud ASUS monitor and was recommended by a friend to look here. Looks like some caps need replacing. Hopefully an easy fix. Very helpful site. Thanks

Comment

Hi
            Always been interested in electronics especially TV just wanted to gain some knowledge and help out here and there if i can

Cheers

Comment

Hello All, I am a novice who is looking to expand my electrical knowledge. I'm hoping to absorb some of the great info here!

Comment

Ciao a tutti, (Hi everybody!)
                nice to meet you, I'm Italian, I'm an IT System and Network Administrator, I love electronics since I was a child, I got my diploma in Industrial Electronics in 1996 and a Computer Science degree on 2001.
                I'm certified on Microsoft Windows Server OSes (MCSA, MCITP), VMware, Watchguard, Veeam, etc etc...
                I'm visiting this forum because I've read some interesting articles about electronics fault diagnosis/repairing and need some tips on repairing a Panasonic LCD TV TX-L19X10E...
                Ciao!

Comment

well hi @all, i am trying to get my tv fixed and hopefully u guys can and will help me

regards

Comment

Hello everyone.

Well I guess i've been lurking around for ages gleaning bits of useful info from the great discussions here. Usually end up here through any technical googling.

I hope I can contribute constructively once or twice at least

Comment

Hello forum,

New member from London - hoping to find some guidance on fixing electronic items. My broken LED TV set is the first in line for this, but others may follow...

Thanks,
                      Alan.

Comment

Greetings all,

Wish I'd have found this forum years ago. I've been fixing, modding, and hacking things since I was a kid, and I had a brief career in electronics many years ago before moving on to something else. (My electronics knowledge base is as dated as I am.) From the 386/486 days until just a few years ago, I used to build my own PCs from components in order to optimize the bang/buck ratio. I don't need to do that now, as the low-end stuff is more than sufficient for my purposes.

Anyway, what brought me here today is a GE combination oven with a very dim display, something that I'm going to try to get to this week.

Comment

Hello. New member here from Music City. Thanks for having such a great resource!

-monkeylizard-

Comment

Greetings! Tired of throwing money at my TV playing "SwapTronics", so I thought I'd try to learn how to diagnose this thing a little further.

I'm a robotic assembly tech and scared of anything over 24 volts.....

Thanks!

Comment

Hello My name is kittydeathstrike,Im a pc tech and gamer.I came on this site to learn on to tackle tv problems. Tvs are so much are harder to deal with then computers.Ive noticed that hardware fail rates are much higher on tvs then on computers where 90% of the problems is software related. I hope to learn and also give advice.I tend to do my projects late at night since its HOT ASF in California during the summer.

Comment

Hi All -

My name is Rich and I am a 20 year computer repair technician in Pennsylvania who is now playing with the idea of adding TV repairs into our store. I look forward to helping here if I can and receiving help on TV repairs.

TIA =)

Rich

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello all,

My name is Dmitrij. I am from Moscow, Russia. I am 36 year old. Since 2013 I work as a paramedic and the same time I teach martial arts in local sports club. It is nice to join this wonderful community. Thank you.

Comment

Hello i' will serching information about CXa3809m. Thanks.

Comment

Hello, Everyone! Name here is Rick, and I've been in the electronics business in one shape or another since I was 18. Enlisted in the Army in 1972 and was a Radio Relay
                                        and Carrier Attendant. At that time began my long and illustrous career in telecommunications and electronics. I am a Certified Electronics Technician in consumer
                                        electronics dating way back to the late 70s, and also possess an FCC GROL - General
                                        Radio Telephone Operator's License. In addition, I hold the amateur radio callsign of
                                        KE0GB. I have been trained in electronic servicing down to the component level, and
                                        gained valuable experience repairing televisions dating back when tubes were more
                                        common in TVs than solid state. My first experience with computers dated back to the
                                        Intel 8088/NEC V20 (how many of us remember that one?) days when MS-DOS 3.0
                                        was the thing! As my career in the Army progressed, so did my knowledge of personal
                                        computing and having a vast knowledge of troubleshooting down to the component level definitely had its advantages. Thank goodness, someone came up with the idea of using
                                        LCD/LED flat-screen monitors vs high-voltage, and I mean HIGH voltage (CRTs back in
                                        the day usually operated with anode voltages in the kilovolts!), and I thank God for
                                        their invention! I'm well versed in Windows, but prefer using Linux, and hope to contribute as well as gain valuable information in this forum. I've already experienced
                                        several cases dealing with bad caps, so I feel I fall right in line with the rest of us who
                                        joined this Forum. Happy to be aboard! Oh, and by the way, yes, I did own a C-64 along with all its associated hardware and spent may an hour marvelling over its power.

Comment

hello, excited to be a part of DIY tv repair

Comment

Working...
                                          X