X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all.

Novice at hardware repair. Joined this site to improve my knowledge, and when problems arise try to tap in to the wealth of knowledge here

Comment

Hello! Joining to get help on a knackered Panasonic Viera!

Comment

Hello and thank you for providing this wonderfully informative forum.

I used computers since the Apple IIe and C64. Always a tinker and hardware junkie. Forced into the software side as technology progressed.

Comment

Hi guys
          Me and my brother's first computer was Commodore VIC-20 with datasette. I was then a young boy. Now I am a radio amateur since y. 2004. Last work I had was on firm that sold repaired electronics. My work was to repair TVs ,digiboxes and all kind of home electronics.
          I have also made a lot of mobile phones(7 years) as an assembler in finnish mobile phone company. I am also interested of ESR meters and oscilloscopes etc.
          I still want to learn new skills on electronics.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hello, I'm new to the forums and am hoping to get help with my Samsung Smart TV. I will make a new thread when I can with all of the information. This is my last resort/hope so I hope that I can get some good information here. Thanks, and have a great day!

Comment

Hello to all brothers and sister of tech! I a repair tech for biomedical devices, just looking for some more experience.
                Great forum btw!

Comment

Hi. Im 42. I started by ripping apart anything electronic that went faulty. Weither it was a cassette recorder, tv, amplifier, vcr etc it didnt matter. I had the bug to fault find at a very early age. 13 yrs old. Then was recognized by a company who found out i was repairing stuff for people for nothing. VCRs with mechanical faults, Cassette players with faulty lcd wakeup timers/alarms. I studied at college then done my time training as a bench technician then jobbed around the globe for agencys doing SMT repair work and debug stuff from phones to servers to satellite boxes etc etc. Anyway i been out the game for a number of years now and try avoid any fault finding at all but still get stuff thrown at me to sort for friends and family. Sold off most of my test equipment including my oscilloscope. I will only go as far as to test voltages and components now and if its a smt board with chips then its a complete replacement usually. Looking forward to reading stuff in here and hopefully maybe i can help somebody along the way aswell as getting help if needed myself.

Comment

Greetings, just trying to keep up with the latest in tv repair.

Comment

Hello from germany, i have read many threads and have learned a lot. Now I want to open my own thread because i have an issue with my toshiba TV.

Comment

Hi everyone from Spain!!
                        Looking forward to repair my Sharp LC-40LE824E. Read a lot already and it seems that some optos might be the culprit. Just ordered them. When I have some progress will post back with my conclusions.
                        Many thanks for your help.

Cheers!

Comment

hi i have joined the forum to seek knowledge and give advice on most electronic equipment

Comment

Hello, I work on everything from cellphones to satellite dishes. Joining to see what others are working on and learn some new trends with equipment along with troubleshooting.

Comment

Hello from TX! Hoping to save my Samsung TV.

Comment

Hello my friends
                                I am new here.

i want to know new things from here

Comment

Hello All,

I've come to this site as I see so many elecitric devices discarded for simple reasons. I have no background with repairs, just like to get in and see if I can figure out the issue, saving something from the landfill.

This place looks so loaded with information already and so many experienced people, I hope to learn much from everyone.

I seem to be a computer outsider as I started with the Apple ll, 16k of memory and loading programs by tape. I sure loved those days, things were simple.

Thank you in advance for your contributions.

Comment

I've been a mechanic sinc I was about 12 years old and worked on a lot of different things. Seen alot of changes just like you guys. I been retired for a couple years now and just turned 69. I've repaired a lot of car electronics along the way and I've fixed other things in electronics, a few TVs.

Comment

Hi I'm Kurtis, joining for access to photos on thread about fixing Dell 3008WFP. Holy crap taking this bezel off is hard.

Comment

Hi, I'm Kevin. I have a Panasonic TC-P55GT30. IT has had failed boards on it twice now. The first time was about three years ago, and covered under warranty. This time, I am going to give it a shot to fix it.

Comment

Hi all,
                                          I've been trying to learn computer motherboard repair (components level). Hope this site can really help.

Comment

Working...
                                          X