This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi All, I'm Ludo from France, just found this forum because my brand new second hand ... LED TV just died, also i thought !!!

Well, i'm an IT engineer, did a bit of electronics in the past but i'm not too confident playing around why power board

I thank you all for you expertise I was able to find, but it's time to create my own topic get the help and bring the TV back to led ..to life ...

Comment

Hi There All,
      Dave here from Bridgwater Somerset UK

Was in the TV & Video Trade as a Hobbist but gave it up due to work commitments.
      Now work as Outage Project Planner for EDF on there Nukes.
      Worked at a Local computer Retailer for 10 years and then oved onto IBM for a few years.

Just got back into doing the odd TV but have always serviced my own when needed.

Great looking site and only wished somin lijke this was around way back when i started doing the TV's and Video's -LOL

Comment

Hi all,

andy here from Augsburg, Germany. I found this forum repairing my HannStar HU196D Monitor and hoping Ifind something usefull.
        Greets
        Andy

Comment

Hello Everyone, AM Satus from south africa

Comment

Hello. I found this site while trying to figure out the problem with my Samsung plasma. This site looks great. I am a tinkerer and like to take things apart. I have some decent background with electronics but by no means am I an expert. Thank you in advance for any future help.

Comment

Very happy to join this community and share my experience and my passion with all fellow repairers!

Comment

Hello everyone. I have just purchased a Dokorder 1140 and doing some searched found this site. FYI anyone needing a manual for this and many many more tape machines, try this site:http://museumofmagneticsoundrecordin...sDokorder.html

Thanks all

Glenn

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images...s/feedback.gif

Comment

Hello folks! I'm Izlude. I go looking for TVs left on the streets (ones that people drag out to the curb), fix'em up and either enjoy'em or sell'em (for cryptocurrency only, experimenting with a no USD side biz). So far I've fixed a good 25 TVs. Enjoying a DLP as my PC monitor, gave the family a projector of their own, hoping to get a lil more advice for a few projects I have lined up

Cat owner too :P

Comment

Just saying hi in preparation for an upcoming troubleshooting post. ttyl

Comment

Hi all,
                      In a Swede living in Copenhagen/Denmark.
                      My Samsung 55" from 2012 have failed me! Apparently LOTs of the people in the new sales think its time to buy a new TV. Even stating that a repair wont be worth IT. I think its waste to no try. The proffesional service companies want to have quite some $ to give a cost est.

So its Me left, i have an electrical degree loooong time ago. Wonder IF its something left

Comment

Hi All!

Just found this forum link on a Hungarian forum.
                        Want to learn more about electronic parts, and sometimes I need some help, I wonder here I will find the missing puzzle pieces

Comment

Hi All
                          Just found this forum looks like some good info and handy tips, hopefully we can share some knowledge.

Comment

RC here.
                            Like many others, ran across badcaps when hoping to repair a plasma. So far, not having much luck. Removed the z sus and soldered the coils (were cracked), put it back in and I see a pic but it is very dull/dim.

Will keep at it!

Thanks to those who post repair advice and expertise.

Much appreciated!

RC (dutchtowner, because that's where I live).

Comment

Hi iam" tear it up mike" how is everyone ironworker by trade all round great handyman love to learn what makes things tic fixing tvs has become sort of a hobby iam learning fast as always hope to learn more from experienced folks got a few projects going on that are impossible to get parts for I'd like some pointers on that also everyone have a great day

Comment

Hello i've discovered this forum casually and i feel home at first glance ,since i sow very passionate peoples in it .Peoples ,like me that instead trow away broken things find his happiness making them in the little pieces
                                Firs of all i've read the "petabyte" intro and i find that fit perfectly for me!!. im workink in telco field and got innate passion for all electronic stuff i'm also passionate fo computer programming so.. hope to learn and also share my little knowlege ..

Comment

Ronnie is what I answer to on the good days, My nick name Smiley, retired I think, lol! Back ground = to many to get in to, love a challenge and love electronics
                                  Life is full of little inconveniences

Comment

Hi all. Im Varg I live in PH. I found out this forum after a long search about what happened to my laptop.

I hope after posting this I might able to post to Technical question

More powers badcaps.net !

Comment

Hi everyone, I love fiddling with things in general and with electronics also. I specially love to try salvage what others would throw away. I hope to find help here to salvage things I would otherwise stock for no use. Good luck to us all.

Comment

Hello,

I'm Raven and whilst I don't have any formal training if anything breaks I like to try and fix it and at least understand what has gone wrong.
                                        I found this forum whilst looking for advice on how to fix a television.

Comment

Hello, new boy, be gentle......

Comment

Working...
                                          X