• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi there

Comment

Hi guys, just decided to join your lovely forums. I'm from USA and have been in the computers repair for 17 years.Hope to have some fun here and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

Hello, joined for the amazing info and tech knowledge here. Thanks for keeping this going as a resource!

Comment

Howdy, I'm here to see how many boards I can destroy with my shaky hands and have come here in search of knowledge that might make me look professional while I do.

Comment

Hello everyone, im kuhua, an enginner.
            First time on this forum. Lots of good info here!

Comment

Re: New Member

Hello everyone

New member here
              I am Bryan from Philippines currently working here in South Korea

Comment

Hello everyone, thanks for accepting me in this forum, I'm Tony from Lecce Italy

Comment

Hello, Thank you all for having me. I'm hoping I can find the information I am looking for about Phone and computer repair. This seems like the place to be.

Comment

hi everyone,

thanks for accepting me to the forum.

glad to be part of the team and will contribute when and where i can, thanks for the plethora of information already on here!

Alex

Comment

Hi All.
                      I just want to introduce myself. My name is Neil and i have been in the computer industry for over 25 years. I have a keen interest in Micro component repairs and PC custom building. I love to get my hands on all electronics for repair purposes to bring them back to life if i can. It is great being part of this forum and look forward to chatting to everyone. Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I'm a tech in Florida, trying to do board level repairs, nice to.meet you all. Not sure what else to say.

Comment

Hello everyone, Lots of good info here!

Comment

Hi everyone,
                            I’m John, living in Australia, retired and hoping to use this forum to expand my skills and knowledge in electronics. Thank you in advance for all the good information that’s been made available here.

Comment

Hi guys.

Comment

Hi there, thanks for your help

Comment

I joined hoping I'll be able to verify which component I need to replace on my Hisense 60r6e. When I plug it in the red light comes on and stays on for several seconds then blinks off and then on again. There is no back light but I can see the logo screen "Hisense Roku" come on while the red light is off. This cycle keeps repeating. I tried pressing the reset button and it has absolutely no impact.. That cycle just keeps happening. I have a feeling it's due to failed LED's but I just wanted to be sure. I'm okay with replacing boards(not individual components) but I don't want to spend money replacing things that aren't broke so I'm hoping to verify what is broken and then buy/replace that board or LED set.
                                  I measured all of the cables coming off the power supply board:
                                  1-GND = 0
                                  2-GND = 0
                                  3-PWN = 3.198 jumps to 149 (when logo appears then back down)
                                  4-SW = 2.57 jumps to 160 (when logo appears, then back down)
                                  5-12v = 12v
                                  6-12v = 12v
                                  7-STB =2.6v
                                  8-GND = 0
                                  9-VAMP = 20v
                                  10-VAMP = 20v

LED plug
                                  Jumps to 256v then drops, repeats when red light goes off.

All above voltages are steady except 3 & 4 as well as the LED value.

I could not find any obvious damage on any caps or other components. I have a feeling it's the LED's being the cycling ip/down voltages and no back light but I just wasn't sure if that would also cause the TV to appear to be stuck in a repeating boot loop. I'm by no means an electrician or electronic expert but I can certainly follow instruction (YouTube university graduate) so I'm hoping the experts here will be able to help me diagnose what I need to replace. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi there. Just like I should have made this post quite a while ago by now, I should have made this account many many years ago when I first started getting serious about electronics repair cutting my teeth on capacitor replacements.
                                    I'm kind of reclusive online and accordingly somewhat vague about myself, but suffice to say I love the smell of hot flux in the morning and I enjoy being excellent enough at board level repairs to get paid for it. I've been soldering for more than half my life and refurbishing all sorts of electronics for the past 15 years. Hope I can offer as much as I can get from this community.

Or, in short
                                    "Hi My name is idonob and I'm easily nerd-sniped by anything to do with soldering and debugging electronics"

Comment

Hello BADCAPS! Hello Everyone.

My name is Jeff Sison from Philippines.

I just started a laptop repair shop and I really want to expand my knowledge and skills on laptop servicing, also I want to share my proven procedure on laptop repairing if someone needs it.

I am hoping i am welcome here. Thank you very much.

Comment

Hi everyone
                                        i'm Val8888 IT technician !

Thanks,
                                        Have a nice day !

Comment

Hello everyone. Im kinda new of the bios editing but enough brave to start learning it. I satrted my IT career with my first 286 and 386 then longer used 486DX4 100. Thank You for accepting me. I will try to be a useful student and later, hope i will help to the newbies.

Comment

Working...
                                          X