This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I'm new to this - I need lots of help, but I like to try to figure it out on my own first... this usually means I get to fix more stuff than I should have to
    I'm an entry-level techie that know he doesn't know much even though I have a degree in it - which is definitely overrated. Anyhow, I will do my best not to ask too many stupid ??? BG

Comment

Hi,

Just hate to throw away stuff without opening it up and trying to repair it. This time it's one of my LCD Monitors that is causing trouble. Let's see if I can find something on this forum. After browsing it for a while, people on it seem to be very knowledgeable.

G.

Comment

hi, im semod, electronic technician in learning.
        and u all are my sifu, senpai, guru, master!
        thanks

Comment

Hello,

My Name is Bob and I'm new to this Forum. I am a licensed Electrician & IT Manager. Really enjoy repairing electronics or anything mechanical.

Comment

Hello,

I'm Mark and I like to try and fix electronics myself. I have a Samsung plasma that wont power up and some research lead me to this forum which seems filled with years of expert knowledge.

Comment

Old fart here trying to rekindle some former training

As the title suggest just a rookie old timer trying to figure out my own tv so it doesn't wind up in the landfill.

Located in Savannah Georgia, where the Gnats are as big as skeeters.

Comment

Hi!
                I was looking for Service Manual for my old LCD monitor (dead at the moment) when I got to this forum. It is something really useful for professional as amateur electronic fan. I am glad I have found it and I hope I will be useful for other members too.

Comment

Hi I am a new member and have a Panasonic plasma tv with no power 8 blink code
                  Can anyone give me advice
                  My set is a TC-P55UT50 Panasonic Plazma

Comment

Hi, I'm Brian from Peoria, IL. I am not one to throw something out just because there is one thing wrong with it. I am more inclined to keep trying to fix it until I have broken 5 or 6 more components. Once I have rendered it irreparable I will finally concede and get rid of it. Right now there is a 6 year old LCD TV with my name on it...

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm Kevin from Newark, Delaware. I'm an IT Analyst, and enjoy gaming. There's lots more, but I'm at work sooooooo yeah.....

Comment

G'day all
                        I'm Steve from Brisbane in QLD. I've joined to learn about repairing LCD/Plasma TV's at component level and whatever else I come across that's worth salvaging.

Comment

Hi all,
                          I'm Diederik from Rotterdam, Netherlands. I have been repairing and recapping electronics, primarily vintage amplifiers, since young age. I'm not an expert though and I hope to find some new help and insights here in fixing more complex circuits than I have done so far like power and inverter boards of TV's and monitors.

Comment

Hey my name is Kyle I'm new here.

Comment

Hi, name's Jimmy. I'm an "installation technician" for an alarm company here, in Evansville, Indiana, where I live. I'm fairly new at this whole diy approach as I am fairly new at being an adult. Anyway, the problem that brings me to this particular forum in the first place is my malfunctioning monitors that I picked up from work last week. I have two I-INC if281d monitors. They both have problems with the audio/video staying on. The power remains on with no problems, but the audio/video flickers only seconds after powering up. It will flicker a handful of times and then it will go out for good, until I power it off and on again. I've read through a few threads on the forum and decided that I might need some more direct help with the situation. If anybody is willing to help me with a little direction/advice, I would be very grateful. So far, it seems that I'm going to need to identify and replace bad capacitors on the logic board and on the main power board? I will be back on tomorrow and I can post pictures and provide any more details that might help you help me. I'm kind of retarded, so again, any direction/clarification of the process of the work ahead of me would be greatly appreciated, and thank you ahead of time!

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47884
                              (reference of what I've been reading so far)

Comment

Well, I'l follow the leader lol !

Comment

Hello I'm a first-year-student at a civil engineer program. I'm studying reliable aero and space systems. My interest in technology is quite big and I'm happy to explore this forum!

Comment

Hello I'm Dennis, from Sweden. I'm a first-year-student at a civil engineer program, studying reliable aero and space systems. My interest in technology is quite big and I'm happy to explore this forum!

Comment

Hi everyone,

my name is Sascha and i´m from Germany.

I´m a IT Technician at one of the biggest companys in Germany.

Im good at my it skills but need sometimes help with electritian things

And that´s why i´m here. Maybe also because one of my monitors got the 2second issue

Have a nice day!

Comment

Hi to everyone, I'm a novice in the electronic field, but I have a strong interest in the subject. I would love to learn, and enhance my knowledge through this site. I have a current issue, and that is what has brought me here today.

Comment

Mick Wilson, 46, married and living in Ontario Canada.

I'm a systems/network/pc engineer by trade but often end up writing boring documents for others to follow once I've worked it out.

I believe that there are ten types of people - those who understand binary and those who don't. I also want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandad - not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Comment

Working...
                                          X