Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi am in Graceview @ Gracemere queensland australia am having problems with a tv

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
    i live in australia having a problem with a panasonic th-42pa60a it flashes the green light 22 times will not kick in shuts down

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Ello

Comment

Hi all!

Comment

Greetings to all.
          I think repairing things represents an act of respect to the environment and to the people who designed and built.
          I live in Italy and I found this forum useful, interesting and instructive, so I am grateful to all those who have contributed to enriching it.

Comment

Trying to fix this damn plasma tv. But need an sc board. None are available. Board is bad it got fried.

Comment

Working on a Vizio e470va posting here to activate access to site contents. Names Frank, I'm a PC technician and work in the healthcare field, this is my first time taking a look at tv's and this site has a couple of hits on working on this junk haha.

Comment

Merry Christmas
                I was raised around electronics, in Detroit Michigan, my father was an RCA tv repairman for 30 years, he retired in 1978 so it's in my blood, unfortunately I did not pursue it as a career but now that I have time on my hands I love to dabble, but sadly Dad passed away 15 years ago so looks like Bad Caps will be my mentor.

I work and live in Custer State Park, Custer SD and being a seasonal worker the winters are wide open to learn and tear down electronics (camera, computer etc) and read.

I got my first computer 7 years ago and after 3 years overheated it (dust) so I took it down to the motherboard and this is not the first thing i have taken apart and put back together.

I now want to know how to fix them not just look at them, and that's how I found this wonderful site.

My Christmas gifts from hubby this year included a multimeter, solder gun, fluorescent lamp you can see where i'm going with this.

I love to read and have found answers already on this site so be prepared I will be asking lots of questions (sorry for the stupid ones) looking forward to creating new "contacts" in this forum.

Best to all Kathy's DYI (in a hurry to set up account, did not proof my title DIY)

Comment

Andrew from Cape Cod, got a LG 55LS4500UD for free, decided to see if its something i might be able to fix.

Comment

Hello to all. Just inherited an older Samsung plasma TV and looking to do some repairs to it.

Comment

Thanks for letting me register! My degree is in Biology, but I am trying my hand at fixing my TV. Found a thread that was perfect for the problems I was having, so registering to see the pictures was very helpful. My part is ordered from SJ (EEPROM for my VIZIO TV), and I am confident that $15 will fix the problem. Now, I'll just need to learn some soldering skills...

Comment

Hello from sunny Arizona. I just stumbled onto this site and have been fascinated by what I have been reading. Thumbs up to you guys for putting in the time, effort, and expertise to get this information out. I finished my EET degree back in '86, but never really was able to put it to use properly. I have been in the industrial electronic security career path ever since ( cctv, electronic access control systems). Over the years I have sent many components in for repair and had many returned with replaced capacitors. It just didn't register to me that there was a huge worldwide capacitor problem. I am wide awake now!! Thank you. Here are just a few of my recent experiences with failed or failing capacitors. Fiber optic transmitters and receivers with failing video fixed with new capacitors. An access control panel power supply with blown capacitor. Lawn irrigation controller board fixed with new capacitor. Klipsch 15 inch subwoofer with horrible hum issues not related to main power, not fixed yet, but now that I found a decent source for caps, maybe it will get fixed this year.

Thanks for this site. May you live long and prosper!!!!

Comment

Hello colleagues! I have service for multimedia equipment repair. Themes on your forum is very interresting and very usefull for me.Man everyday learning new things.I try to be active on your forum and I try to help everyone with my 20 year experience. Best regards! Ivan

Comment

Hey guys. I have acquired 3 lcd tvs for FREE. 1 large, 1 medium, 1 small. The large one I had professionally repaired for a family member, but the other 2 I need to take into my own hands. I am a huge car buff and do a lot of work myself, but this is a whole new world that I need to learn!

Comment

Hello All,

I am into fixing anything. I love tinkering and when I can get something to come back to life it makes my day. Also if I can't fix it it becomes a parts donation unit. I will do my best to be thorough in my questions and in my repairs.

SDCHOME

Comment

Hello
                                I'm jimmy from holland. I want to learn more about tv repair.

Comment

Hello All My Name Is Athinodoros
                                  and i am starting learning electronics !!!
                                  Need the knowledge for repairing computer boards
                                  And this place is so full of people who are willing to help a lot !!

Thanks!!!

Comment

Hello guys
                                    Mark here, I'm an electronics engineer working as a circuit and a pcb designer. I do repairs on my free time and find this forum very active and informative.
                                    I guess this was just a small intro for me

Happy to help
                                    Thanks

Comment

I'm Subroto from Khulna, Bangladesh. Studying B.Sc. on Electronics & Communication Engineering(ECE), final year haha. I've a laptop servicing firm namely LappyCare. Thanks all

Comment

Hi guys,
                                        Just joined to learn from your wisdom on fixing electronics, mainly a bad TV.

Comment

Hi How Are You friends..
                                          I m Electronic mechanic in Turkey ..
                                          To friends here to share my experience in electronics..
                                          I'm here
                                          Open Restricted My new threads Pls

Comment

Working...
                                          X