This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I really hope this is the right place to post this as im not a typer nor a poster but I LOVE ELECTRONICS!!!!!!! Found this place because im looking for images or descripition of Styroseal Capacitor. I just recently learned of a doorknob cap. graduated college with a diploma in Electro-mechanical maintenance in 1990. Have worked all my life at a little bit of everything but mostly Electrical in industry and residential and Maintenance in general. No military although did work at national guard field maintenance shops in a couple locations. Reside in southwest VA. I have a good understanding of electricity and have alot of experience in troubleshooting and i must say it can really throw u for a loop and give you some of the craziest readings sometimes. Love projects!!!! Big jobs,little jobs,hands-on is my requirement or request i should say. Built a generator from a ceiling fan motor and now I'm merely hooked and caught hook,line,and sinker. I cant read fast enough or jot down schematics quick enough. I try to build everything but im finding out the hard way as always some equiptment is just waaaay easier to buy than build. Yeah that whole design thing is in every detailed component an IC datasheets along with lengthy formulas way more advanced than all the Ugly's Reference books ive worn out. Also a guitar pikkr of hundreds of thousands of hours it seems lol but have had tons of fun playing out. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this might be long enough for an introduction and my friends call me Bumfuzl. Hello all!!!

Comment

Happy new year to everyone.. from Indiana.. trying to fix my Samsung urghhh

Comment

Hi! I'm kinda new to the forum world. Thank you for accepting my request to join Badcaps.net! I'm an electrical technician in MA that works on printing machines as a job, and PC repair on the side. I've just started working on board-level diagnostics, so I saw this forum and thought it could be helpful! Thank you and I look forward to meeting the community and sharing ideas.

Comment

Hi and Happy New Year, Im from Illinois, have learned alot from this forum, and hope to learn more.

Comment

Hi!

I'm Joey from the Philippines. Stumbled upon this site while searching for a way to fix my broken Samsung plasma TV.

Will start a thread as soon as my account restrictions get lifted.

Thanks!

Comment

Matt from Texas. Stopped in for some troubleshooting and repair tech for some TV stuff.

Topcat - What is your 300zxclub username? Your profile photo really stood out to me from the second you popped up.

Comment

Hi.
                Willie from Westray. More used to old tractors but need to try and fix Panasonic TV. Found this forum and hope to learn

Comment

Hi From the Gold Coast, Queensland Australia, Im a disabled electronics tinkerer and my friend gave me a tv to muck with .

So here i am , thanks for the welcome and thank you to the previous posters with some fantastic information.

Comment

Hi, I am electrical engineer and doing repairs of all devices that run on electricity. I have my own computer service and specialty are laptops, mainboards and so. I love forums because it can specifically asked to give a concrete answer. Greetings to everyone.

Comment

hello!

Comment

Hello...

Comment

Hi.. Joining this forum to get help on repairing my plasma TV.

Comment

Hello everyone. I am an avid electronics geek, diving into a new world of TV repair. Looking forward to learning a bunch of new things,

Comment

Good day to you all - I'm a fellow electronics/RF/computer/network geek (ham radio, broadcast, etc) who also likes cars, motorcycles, airplanes and other modes of travel. I came here for tactical reasons (I have a failing Sony 1080p panel I'd like to fix) but suspect I may learn a thing or two!

Comment

Badcaps! now my current problem is not exactly caps! there seems to be a gooey molten and then hardened thermistor in my lcd power pcb. and i didnt find any "badthermistor" forum

hope i can get help in this wonderful community. i found this place just few days ago!

bid

Comment

hi all rich here, electrician by trade with a problematic panasonic plasma. looking forward to hopefully fixing it and learning some new skills along the way.

Comment

Hi my name is Logan. Worked with computers a majority of my life and very handy in mechanics and electronics. Very nice to meet you all

Comment

yoyo

Comment

Hi. I am new to this group. I have been working in the A/V industry for the past 30 years as an engineer, having a degree in Broadcasting. However, I have not had much experience in deconstructing most electronic components. Typically, I troubleshoot problems and replace the defective gear. But sometimes I would get inside the equipment and replace the defective components. Perhaps I can add some expertise in certain situations on this site. Looking forward to learning from you all!

Comment

Joined this forum to learn more about possible TV repairs. Looking for input.

Comment

Working...
                                          X